GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
I like how they note it as the "China only" Excelle. This leads to the question, will our next Verano actually be different? I'm guessing no, and this here is the face we will also get stateside. I do think its a huge improvement over the current face; the headlights are actually in scale to the rest of the front end this time.

·
Premium Member
36,287 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
I just hate that they are copying every other brand with that ugly hexagon shape, looks like a snout! It would look sharper and sleeker if the frill didn't extend upward from the headlights.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
I like how they note it as the "China only" Excelle. This leads to the question, will our next Verano actually be different? I'm guessing no, and this here is the face we will also get stateside. I do think its a huge improvement over the current face; the headlights are actually in scale to the rest of the front end this time.
Supposedly the next Verano will look more like the Opel Astra sedan, which I think is a better move

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Headlights look a bit too much like Mercedes'
And there you have it folks, proof positive that GM can do nothing right around here.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Buicks sold in China have always had the colored emblem
Yes, I was being sarcastic. I grew up in Flint, MI, so I knew the colored Tri-Shield and the GM "mark of excellence" before I knew the golden arches. Heck the GM emblem was even on all of our appliances (Frigidaire) growing up, and I don't think neither my dad or grandpa owned a shirt without the Tri-Shield on it. My father and grand father both worked there, and the house I grew up in was only a few miles from the former HQ and Buick City.

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Just want originality.
Who designs the headlights? Is it the manufacturer of the car or the manufacturer of the lights. They have to be able to be built so I guess it is a combination of both so you will always get a degree of sameness. Remember when all US cars had the same simple headlights and MB had to replace the nice looking European spec headlights to sell in the US.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.