GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Buick calls its refreshed GL6 a multi-purpose vehicle, a more palatable term for minivan. Whatever you want to call it, this Buick features plenty of tech goodies. It comes with two connected widescreen displays—kind of like what Mercedes offers in its luxury vehicles. The Buick's instrument cluster is fully digital, while the touchscreen infotainment system offers a split display setup so you can handle functions such as media and navigation at the same time. Over-the-air updates ensure the infotainment system stays up to date. The GL6 also enables enhanced voice recognition and cloud-based data sharing.
https://www.motortrend.com/news/buick-gl6-update/

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
No, This is a GM platform, Peugeot is no longer using GM platforms, no? I do not know for sure though.
Zafira-C was exclusively GM, introduced in 2011 long before any arrangement or sale to PSA.

Looking at pictures of the GL6, it looks like a light reskin of the Zafira-C

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Zafira-C was exclusively GM, introduced in 2011 long before any arrangement or sale to PSA.

Looking at pictures of the GL6, it looks like a light reskin of the Zafira-C
I remember seeing lots more minivans on streets in past. Opel Zafira, Citroen Picasso, Peugeot 5008, Renault Espace, Kia carnival, Ford B, C and S max ,etc.
Now only new minivan I see are Ford S max and models from Renault (Espace, Grand Scenic).

·
Registered
16,656 Posts
At least they took the looks up a notch, I'd now call it bland instead of ugly as I'd call the current generation. Looks decent inside, maybe low end luxury is a more descriptive term for it.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Is it still a called a minivan if the rear doors are hinged, not sliding?

I'd like to have a vehicle with large side windows, but I don't want hot glass over my head.

·
Registered
12,662 Posts

I'd like to have a vehicle with large side windows, but I don't want hot glass over my head.

From the pictures listed they slide

See Jimmy's pic above

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD
11,476 Posts

From the pictures listed they slide

See Jimmy's pic above
https://www.buick.com.cn/gl6/#360 By the looks of this from the Chinese site they open like normal doors, so not a true minivan like we're used to but more like the original Honda minivan that had regular opening rear doors. Edit: Scroll down on their page and it even has a picture of a rear door open.

·
Registered
12,662 Posts
https://www.buick.com.cn/gl6/#360 By the looks of this from the Chinese site they open like normal doors, so not a true minivan like we're used to but more like the original Honda minivan that had regular opening rear doors. Edit: Scroll down on their page and it even has a picture of a rear door open.
yeah I was going off the posted pics in the OP

Looks like its the incorrect pic of a different car

Reactions: 1958carnut

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
This thing ain't no minivan...it's more of a microvan, at 180" length it's 20" shorter than the US traditional minivans that are about 200-204" in length.

But if there was a case for a GM minivan, Buick would be the best brand for it. But not this micro Chinese crap.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts