GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
not impressed. it's not terrible but nothing great. if the front overhand was shorter it would help a lot. the interior looks ok...overall, this isn't going to gain any ground for buick.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
;) The exterior looks cheap, and the interior..is....uhhh..better than current Buick cars...but should be better.

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
The center stack is rather reminiscent of the current Ford Taurus? I don't see this being a ground breaker for the Buick fold.

·
Registered
43,887 Posts
<_< Contrary to the above posts, I like it.
It's got a clean, crisp design that is both traditional and forward-looking.
THe interior is sedate and quite stately.

This is the perfect addition to the Buick lineup. On to the Park Avenue!

·
Registered
55 Posts
AWFULLLL!!!!!!!!! More garbage from the General. I can't understand how anybody would choose this over a Toyota or Honda. It's so ugly and cheap looking!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Originally posted by Arrowhead222@Feb 4 2004, 05:18 AM
AWFULLLL!!!!!!!!! More garbage from the General. I can't understand how anybody would choose this over a Toyota or Honda. It's so ugly and cheap looking!!!
Easy. While Honda and Toyota are perfectly competant, they are resoundingly BORING and UNIMAGINATIVE! Yes, and that is even when compared to traditional Buick.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
The exterior looks OK, but a bit derivative.

I like the audio/climate controls, but the rest of the interior looks cheap to me. Maybe a different color would be better.

Mark

·
Registered
43,887 Posts
Originally posted by Arrowhead222@Feb 4 2004, 12:18 AM
Well.. considering Toyota and Honda doesn't have a car that competes with the La Crosse... it would be difficult.
Closest would be Avalon... but that's more Park Avenue territory.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
I like it, its very athletic for a Buick. The interior only looks crappy and cheap because its a gray color, if the picture was the with tan/blac trim then it would be a different story. I definitely think it will at least hold its ground, if not gain some sales for buick (hopefully it has an exciting ride though)

·
Registered
126 Posts
If you look at it and I mean really look at it............it has all the style and cues of a reworked Ford Taurus. Man If I ever get to point in my life were Buicks plain Jane style attracts me into their showroom....... please somebody shoot me !!

·
Registered
613 Posts
An improvement from the cars that Buick has been producing. However, it's not enough. I'd still rather buy a Honda or Toyota.

Common guys, you can do better than this.

·
Registered
8,855 Posts
Because I like GM, I am *really* trying to let this car grow on me, and it isn't working. I agree with many of the above posts that reflect a lukewarm reception. It's not heinous, but it's also definitely not a homerun. If I were in the midsize market, I would [unfortunately] not purchase this car. The LaCrosse will not surpass combined Century and Regal sales, which is not a lofty goal to begin with.

The 3.6 is a nice touch, though.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I would have liked to see better the shape of the seats...
I bet the leather used is top quality, like in the park.
it my suprise in other color combinations, for instance dark blue exterior and light tan interior.

as a conclusion, if the exterior would incite a potential buyer to step in and take the car out for a spin, it would actually sell! the only problem I see (in general at gm dealers wich sell more expensive cars) is how they treat the customer, they will actually offer you a cup of coffee, and a car available for test the second you step in??

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
All I can say is Watch Out Ford Taurus!!

It looks like a Pontiac Grand Prix and Ford Taurus morphed into one vehicle, with KIA Amanti headlights.

What a boring and lackluster design. Even more boring than Buick deserves. Very Korean 17,000 dollar car. The Chevy Epica looks better.

Also, it looks VERY 1990's. It looks nothing like the cars coming out now from competition, and will attract no one from the "youth market" Buick needs to get its base away from octogenarians. The rear is very disappointing - like a Taurus and a Neon design from 5 years ago.

However, I will give Buick credit for the nice radio design, at least that hoary generic head unit is gone (or at least suitably disguised).

And again, GM is obsessed with nasty gray interior plastic and leather. Buicks have always looked better with beige interiors at least, and this one is no exception. Why they had to choose gray AGAIN for another introduction is beyond me. I still worry that the Montana SV6 won't be offered with graphite/black, but will also be GRAY.

I'm a huge GM fan, but this vehicle is a huge disappointment destined for the rental fleets.

This car would have been a rock solid hit....5 years ago. Now it will be a hit with GM loyalists, Buick loyalists, and people trading in their Buicks for another Buick.

Can anyone here not rabidly defensive of any GM product say that this is a car they "must have"?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by Ming@Feb 4 2004, 11:21 AM
All I can say is Watch Out Ford Taurus!!

It looks like a Pontiac Grand Prix and Ford Taurus morphed into one vehicle, with KIA Amanti headlights.

What a boring and lackluster design. Even more boring than Buick deserves. Very Korean 17,000 dollar car. The Chevy Epica looks better.

Also, it looks VERY 1990's. It looks nothing like the cars coming out now from competition, and will attract no one from the "youth market" Buick needs to get its base away from octogenarians. The rear is very disappointing - like a Taurus and a Neon design from 5 years ago.

However, I will give Buick credit for the nice radio design, at least that hoary generic head unit is gone (or at least suitably disguised).

And again, GM is obsessed with nasty gray interior plastic and leather. Buicks have always looked better with beige interiors at least, and this one is no exception. Why they had to choose gray AGAIN for another introduction is beyond me. I still worry that the Montana SV6 won't be offered with graphite/black, but will also be GRAY.

I'm a huge GM fan, but this vehicle is a huge disappointment destined for the rental fleets.

This car would have been a rock solid hit....5 years ago. Now it will be a hit with GM loyalists, Buick loyalists, and people trading in their Buicks for another Buick.

Can anyone here not rabidly defensive of any GM product say that this is a car they "must have"?
hehe, this car was realeased 5 yrs ago

OLDSMOBILE INTRIGUE

·
Registered
233 Posts
I can't believe how many people said the interior looks cheap. Cheap?! From the General? Compared to the garbage GM has been spewing out for decades, this one is downright pristine! OK, gray may have been the wrong colour, and the fake wood looks... well, fake. Gray is just a colour. And speaking of gray, no more of that gray cereal box toy instumentation from GM? Maybe Bob's getting it right after-all. I'm not fond of the styling either, but as car buffs I would expect you to look beyond colour choices and realize this is a giant leap in interior quality for GM. The old interiors were disgraceful.

j

1 - 20 of 72 Posts