GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I decided to start a new thread (since I don't have any power in Reader's Talent) in the "correct" forum for this car.

So far, there have been two different approaches to a modern RWD Buick.

ACCartoons' approach is a classic woody-wagon.
Chaseabryant's approach is a very radical sedan - almost a four-door coupe.

Here's mine - an elegant but performance-driven luxury sedan.

For those of you who have seen this before, I've made some revisions. First off, I made the front grille smaller. Also, I have accented the fender flares.

Image quality is a little "meh".

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Re: Buick Invicta.

The couple of changes are subtle, but definitely for the better. Again, I still really like the roofline: Pleasant yet sporty.

Do you have anything further in the works? You know, your usual interiors, etc?

-Chase

·
Registered
2,121 Posts

I'm nitpicking but only because you've done so good on it. I think that the headlights/taillights are a little too big for the car. Other than that it looks great and I'd love to see an interior.

Where does this car fit in? Above the LaCrosse or below the Regal?

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

chaseabryant said:
The couple of changes are subtle, but definitely for the better. Again, I still really like the roofline: Pleasant yet sporty.

Do you have anything further in the works? You know, your usual interiors, etc?

-Chase
Yes, an interior will be drawn - I'll probably do it over the weekend.

CadiEldo67 said:
I'm nitpicking but only because you've done so good on it. I think that the headlights/taillights are a little too big for the car. Other than that it looks great and I'd love to see an interior.

Where does this car fit in? Above the LaCrosse or below the Regal?
They're not big - they're just swept back.

You'll notice that there are no styling nods to any of the Buick concepts that were co-developed with GM China.
  • No Riviera...
  • No Invicta/Lacrosse...
  • No Business...

Instead, I looked to the Enclave and Velite - the cars that I think should define the modern Buick. Plus, a sweep-spear. :D

As for the car's placement, it would fit in above the Lacrosse (or, in my dream lineup, a FWD Lucerne), and below an Electra that sits on a LWB Sigma-series platform. Think Lexus GS.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

Maybe it's just how I'm looking at it, but this looks way too small to slot above the LaCrosse.
Price, equipment and performance. That's how it slots above the Lacrosse. It is a little bit smaller than the Lacrosse, let me make that completely clear.

It needs to be a smaller but more premium vehicle - for a few reasons. A) It would theoretically share its platform with the CTS (a midsize-large vehicle), and B) It has to be equipped well enough to compete with the Lexus GS and next-gen Infiniti M.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts

Nice man! I got a question, for the interior are ya willing to do a modern design?
no buttons, similar to the XTS? it would be cool.

·
Registered
253 Posts

Looks very nice. Squaring off the rear end would make it look stronger! Bravo!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now presenting the interior.

The elegance theme continues through the interior. The buttons are arranged in a wing-esque design. HVAC controls, D-pad, hazards, and rear audio/HVAC toggle are up top; navigation, radio, and setup controls are in the middle; and CD/Aux audio controls are on the bottom. The controls most frequently used by the driver - volume, temperature, fan speed, air flow, hazards, eject - are on the left side.

The central OLED screen is downright huge, and is not touch-enabled, to save costs (functions are carried using the D-pad). The guage cluster is a physical guage cluster, but is lit in such a way that it "disappears" when the car is turned off. Up above the guage cluster is a head-up display. The sound system is a premium 11-speaker system - six up front, five in the back.

Take note of the steering wheel - paddle shifters! The only transmission available is a six-speed paddle-shift automatic.

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
Very Infiniti M interior.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very Infiniti M interior.
Yes, the drawing was in fact inspired by the current-gen M. I also looked at the new-gen Infiniti M, the Hyundai Genesis, the Buick Lacrosse, and the Buick Enclave.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Great interior, very inviting. Looks very upscale, however; why do the seats look like toilet seats? No offense.

·
Registered
241 Posts
That's a great drawing. I'd try to make the tail end more aggressive, but the rest of the car looks like a Buick with clean, classy lines and obvious luxury. I'd love to see this become a reality.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts