2010-present
Platform: Y-Body (Corvette platform)
Predecessor: Buick Reatta
Class: luxury grand tourer
Engine: LS3 V8

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
Those reeeemz look gangsta! :D It looks like those old Monte Carlos and Caprices I see driving around Detroit all jacked up. Other than that, I think it's great, really. Nice curves and the rear harkens back to the old boat tails of yester year.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those reeeemz look gangsta! :D It looks like those old Monte Carlos and Caprices I see driving around Detroit all jacked up. Other than that, I think it's great, really. Nice curves and the rear harkens back to the old boat tails of yester year.
Thanks!

I'm not yet that great at drawing good wheels, so instead of drawing a bad, distracting wheel, I decided just to not draw any. Which turned out to be distracting. Go figure!

I love the boat tail Buick, and I think I'd like to see some referential traits in the rear end of Buicks become part of the design language of the brand.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Awesome drawing, but personally, I prefer modern luxury for Buick. Aside from GNX which I still prefer the boxy style of the 80s, I would prefer Reatta to stay modern in styling, even better if they can bring back the pop-up headlight unit, which I am a sucker for.

It's a great drawing, but I am not really a fan of retro that is going on now. Part of the reason I hate the new camaro as well(never a fan of Chevy to begin with but).

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome drawing, but personally, I prefer modern luxury for Buick. Aside from GNX which I still prefer the boxy style of the 80s, I would prefer Reatta to stay modern in styling, even better if they can bring back the pop-up headlight unit, which I am a sucker for.

It's a great drawing, but I am not really a fan of retro that is going on now. Part of the reason I hate the new camaro as well(never a fan of Chevy to begin with but).
You ARE a fan of retro--just the retro of two decades ago instead four!

I can't stand pop-up lights. They need to stay in the past. I'm glad the Corvette got rid of them. And Buicks should never be boxy. They are a sensual, curvy brand.

But hey, I do like a few cars from the 80's so I can understand. And thanks!

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
GSR sounds too japanese...I'd stick with GSX

Retro styling cues are perfectly fine, but not all out; it's getting old

·
Registered
707 Posts
I think you have a great drawing drawing going on but I thought I could give you some hints to make it an outstanding drawing. I did a qick sketch showing some basic impprovments with proportion and stance. Don't be afraid to get in there and draw those rims. Just divide out your ellipse and draw some spokes into it. I hope this helps some. :)

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
oo0o0o exotic looking..i kinda like it

p.s. Torreds not a bad person to take advice from haha but either way it looks good. not many of us can draw like him..one sketch out of every ten of mine can even come close. but anywho, good job, nice design

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Yeah, you definitely took care of what was wrong with mine, some things I hadn't even thought of yet. Looks fantastic. Striking.

Oh and where are the portholes!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts