GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

An Electrifying Future Ahead | Discover Buick

Maybe the reason why Buick's lineup seems mailed in is because they have been busy beavers on EV model development. Or maybe the teasing has been taken to a new level. Has this been differentiated enough from Cadillac? Is Buick being branded like Mercury was trying to be, an urban version of Ford targeted to women?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
View attachment 67489
An Electrifying Future Ahead | Discover Buick

Maybe the reason why Buick's lineup seems mailed in is because they have been busy beavers on EV model development. Or maybe the teasing has been taken to a new level. Has this been differentiated enough from Cadillac? Is Buick being branded like Mercury was trying to be, an urban version of Ford targeted to women?
Problem is it usually goes from looking like the picture above, to looking like the one below in production! It looks far better than anything Cadillac has presented so far in their ev era which sadly is why i think it will never see the light of day, at least not like this, Hopefully im wrong!

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Problem is it usually goes from looking like the picture above, to looking like the one below in production! It looks far better than anything Cadillac has presented so far in their ev era which sadly is why i think it will never see the light of day, at least not like this, Hopefully im wrong!
This is a Volt from 2015, not sure that's a fair comparison. I assume you do not like the new Lyriq or the Celestique that is in the works?

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Buick is so sad. 🤦🏽‍♂️ Bring Pontiac back instead please. Even Saab, even Saturn. Buick is so lost. Quietly let Buick go. It has no USA presence or audience.
Buick was William Durant's first piece of the GM empire. It has a long proud history. I don't think it shouild be relegated to the dustbin of history. GM should give it adequate attention however.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive design

Vehicle Wheel Car Motor vehicle Hood

Vehicle Car Wheel Plant Hood

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side-view mirror Car

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
This is a Volt from 2015, not sure that's a fair comparison. I assume you do not like the new Lyriq or the Celestique that is in the works?
The year doesn't matter and the picture said it was a 2019 Volt by the way but i was talking about how the final design concept goes from great looking to yeah not so great and the volt was one of those WTF happened designs imo!

From this...

To this..

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
The year doesn't matter and the picture said it was a 2019 Volt by the way but i was talking about how the final design concept goes from great looking to yeah not so great and the volt was one of those WTF happened designs imo!

From this...

To this..
Be advised the test mule Volt photo you posted was based on a GMT 800 Tahoe.. That pig was never going to be a production form.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts

From this...

To this..
Not that this isn’t a valid criticism but you’re acting like the GM of today is the same GM of 10-15 years ago. It’s not.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
As far as I am concerned the Enclave is the only true Buick in the lineup currently.

Reactions: tripowergto Jan2003

·
Premium Member
37,674 Posts
We're getting close to Nirvana. When nobody knows how to drive, paahk a caah, navigate, can remember to feed da dawg, yeah that will be nice. We're too close to that now. I've already complained about well over fittty percent of the local yokels I observe are more interested in their Device than in actually driving.

Not to mention, they want to put a bunch of car hops out of work. Rilly.

• Haha
Reactions: 1958carnut
1 - 20 of 21 Posts