GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Upon Further thought, Buick has decided to drop the Lacrosse nameplate in favor of the Century. Along with the new name comes a new look much more befitting to a new, more luxurious Buick. Seriously though, I hate the Lacrosse name, I think that Century was a fine name, and to be honest, it goes along with Enclave a whole lot better!

-Chase

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
that looks good, but i thought it was going to be called Regal? i would prefere century though.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that looks good, but i thought it was going to be called Regal? i would prefere century though.

If it is, I hadn't heard of it! I agree with you though, I still prefer the Century name.

-Chase

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
I prefer Regal. Century, to me, was the name for a cheap, base model Regal

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I prefer Regal. Century, to me, was the name for a cheap, base model Regal
I just think that Regal seems like it is trying too hard... Pretentious almost. Plus the Century nameplate is much older than Regal, why not bank on heritage?

-Chase

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ooooh, Thank you! TBH, Coming from you, that says something! ;)

-Chase

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
I never liked the idea of a four door Regal... Anyhow, not the best drawing ever on GMI... but it's one of my favorite "concepts". Copy it, produce it, and it would be a hit for GM.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Umm, thanks... :unsure: I know that I am not the best artist on GMI, but I sure hope that everybody doesn't expect engineering quality drawings from these competitions... I don't think that this was so bad seeing as it is 100% freehand...

-Chase

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
Umm, thanks... :unsure: I know that I am not the best artist on GMI, but I sure hope that everybody doesn't expect engineering quality drawings from these competitions... I don't think that this was so bad seeing as it is 100% freehand...

-Chase

I didn't mean that in a negative way, but now I see it sure could be taken that way. What I was trying to say is there are one or two really world class artists on here that haven't done anything as nice and "production-ready" IMO. I looked at your drawing, immediately liked it, and commented. Afterwards I went back and admired all the detail. Honestly, it's great. But more importantly it could and maybe even SHOULD be produced AS IS. Believe me, that's the ultimate compliment I'm capable of giving and I meant it to sound that way--I just worded it all wrong. :)

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I didn't mean that in a negative way, but now I see it sure could be taken that way. What I was trying to say is there are one or two really world class artists on here that haven't done anything as nice and "production-ready" IMO. I looked at your drawing, immediately liked it, and commented. Afterwards I went back and admired all the detail. Honestly, it's great. But more importantly it could and maybe even SHOULD be produced AS IS. Believe me, that's the ultimate compliment I'm capable of giving and I meant it to sound that way--I just worded it all wrong. :)
ah, now I see. Sorry about that! Thank you very much! :cool:

-Chase

·
Super Moderator
12,554 Posts
Looks really good, the front end is excellent. Though two things I don't like are the position of the door handles and the weird curve that happens on the hood just above the front wheel.

But great work!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I love it. The only detail I'm not digging is the line down the hood that connects to the emblem. Other than that, great job and nice drawing.

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
Agree that Lacrosse is a terrible name. Its the kind of name for a car someone who plays gold would own. Century sounds much better.
What aboot Allure? Cause that's what we call it here for some reason. I like Regal, just because like F14CRAZY said, the Century had become the base model Regal. I always prefered Regals to Centurys, but Century is a good name otherwise.

·
Super Moderator
12,554 Posts
What aboot Allure? Cause that's what we call it here for some reason. I like Regal, just because like F14CRAZY said, the Century had become the base model Regal. I always prefered Regals to Centurys, but Century is a good name otherwise.

haha we call it Allure because in french (quebec) La Cross is a sexual position :D

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
haha we call it Allure because in french (quebec) La Cross is a sexual position :D
Duh, I dated a French girl I shoulda known that. But she was East Coast french, so it was more like just take out the "L" "C" "R" and "O" for a position. :fall:

LaCross is also Canada's offical Sport :D (Not kidding)

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Lacross is not a sexual position.
It's self gratification. Being the master of your domain as they say...

That's why it's called the Allure up here.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Lacross is not a sexual position.
It's self gratification. Being the master of your domain as they say...

That's why it's called the Allure up here.
"I couldn't take it anymore, Jerry!" - Kramer :lmao:

I am proud whackmobile owner. Great.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts