GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
it does look decent pretty decent. but it's not overly inspiring i guess you could say. but it is awfully hard to improve on the solstice. it's a good photoshop...but hopefully if GM would do such a thing they'd change up all the sheetmetal a little more rather than just put a different grill and wheels on it, a buick roadster is still a very good idea though in my book.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Buick does need a roadster but the Solstice should not be the basis of such a car. A Buick is larger, more features, no stick shift.
Your concept is actually very nice, however the wheels you chose are not meant for a two seat convertible.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Canuck@Dec 3 2003, 04:29 PM
Buick does need a roadster but the Solstice should not be the basis of such a car. A Buick is larger, more features, no stick shift.
Your concept is actually very nice, however the wheels you chose are not meant for a two seat convertible.
:lol: Funny you say that, I got those wheels of of the Buick Bengal concept car..

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Personally, I'd geek for a Solstice-based Buick 2-seater, as a jaunty, chromy British-style sportster in the tradition of the AC Ace or MGA with a touch of Z3. I never was big on the original Bengal's grille, but something similar to the Terraza's, but a little toothier, might work really well. Instead of of the Solstice's headlights, maybe use something similar to the new Nomad concept's. And portholes, this one's gotta have portholes.

Ghrankenstein

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by cyboexpo2002+Dec 5 2003, 04:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cyboexpo2002 @ Dec 5 2003, 04:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nsap@Dec 5 2003, 09:53 PM
Version 2:
Nice...

Is that based off the Cielo concept? Seems familiar...

I Like it :D [/b][/quote]
yep! :D

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Other than the awkward A-pillar, this version has a very appropriate Jaguar XK120 look to it. Not bad at all.

Ghrankenstein

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
The first one looks unhappy. :(

The second looks mad. :angry:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts