GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I was driving to Madison this morning, when a passing semi decided to help me trick out my ride.

A portion of the windshield (where the top one hit) came falling onto my lap in a hundred pieces.

And of course, thanks to my deductible this is all out of my pocket. hooray.

I did not get to Madison btw. I decided that their aweful roads would probably make things worse, and I wasn't far from home anyway.

If you're interested my camera is a Fujifilm FinePix Z20.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Re: New Taurus II's first mod!

Sorry. That sucks.

·
Banned
8,969 Posts

Dang! Sorry to hear about that but at least you didn't get hurt! Luckily Ford made like 10 million of the Taurus so the glass should be relatively cheap to replace.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Sorry. That sucks.
Dang! Sorry to hear about that but at least you didn't get hurt! Luckily Ford made like 10 million of the Taurus so the glass should be relatively cheap to replace.
Yeah, thanks. I'm just glad it didn't hit the roof (or the sunroof for that matter). Bodywork sucks.

Actually what really irks me is that the windshield should only take ~ an hour to replace, which means I can't get a loaner car to review.:(

·
Premium Member
9,366 Posts

Wow, that's pretty bad! Sorry about that!

·
Registered
5,986 Posts

sorry to hear/see that, K.R.
hope it's all better soon
...Actually what really irks me is that the windshield should only take ~ an hour to replace, which means I can't get a loaner car to review.:(
whynot just take a testdrive?
or
just sit in one and make vroom-vroom noises? ;)

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

sorry to hear/see that, K.R.
hope it's all better soon

whynot just take a testdrive?
or
just sit in one and make vroom-vroom noises? ;)
I'm not looking for a car, so I don't feel like wasting the salesperson's time (unless it's something I really, really want to drive).

I may have to test a G8 though, to see what all the hype is about.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)

That must have made you jump to high Jesus.
Yeah. There was a loud bang and I felt glass bits hit me, I was pretty shaken up. My swearing was louder though.:D

That sucks man. Was it a rock or something that flew up? Must've been pretty big to shatter it like that.
A gravel truck driving the opposite way needed to lighten the load a bit I guess.

More pics for the 'ell of it.

I used to volunteer for the organization that owns this land. I helped plant the prarie that you see here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts