GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
British Gas Prices Top $5.79 a Gallon

LONDON - As rising oil prices pushed gasoline past $5.79 per gallon in Britain, truck drivers threatened strikes and cabbies filling up at the pumps complained about working extra hours to make ends meet.

"You can't do nothing about it, can you mate, given what's going on in the Middle East," said James Sullivan, 50, a driver of one of Britain's traditional black cabs. "I make less money because I can't pass the increase on to my fares, can I?"

Another cabbie who pulled in behind him Wednesday at the Texaco station in central London said, "I'm already working about an hour extra a day to make up what I'm losing in higher gas prices."

British Gas Prices Top $5.79 a gallon

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
What percentage of the price goes to taxes or some sort of social security? In the States, the taxes vary between the states.
What really is repugnant is how the price of a gallon will skyrocket upon the release of unsettling news (even though the price is hiked on oil that has already been purchased, processed and distributed) but will slooowly (if that) decrease if offsetting news is released (more oil being pumped, etc).
So, OPEC are not the culprits. It's those global gas producers that have the world by the cajones.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.