GM Inside News Forum banner

Bring Back The Trans am and the "Chevy El Camino"

13K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  vcs2600 
#1 ·
come on most people want a pontaic trans am not a pontaic El Camino , bring them both back but keep the El Camino with the chevy name

See less See more
#2 ·
god, please no! As a current GTO owner I would MUCH rather have that badass Monaro HSV come over than have that Firebird. That thing needs to stay in the 70s. The plethora of mullet wearing bumpkins that would attract would not do much for GMs image. The Monaro badged as a GTO or a G8 Coupe on the other hand, GOLDEN!

#4 ·
I do NOT like the rendering of the new Camaro turned Trans Am/Firebird in the first post of this thread.

With that said, of ALL the retro names GM has at their disposal, "Trans Am" is my favorite. I would love nothing more than Pontiac to launch a performance coupe as a "Trans Am". However, it shouldn't be a rebadge of another vehicle. I'm willing to wait.

#5 ·
it should have been the el camino, why the hell it is a pontiac i dont know

Alan

#7 ·
Okay, the idea of another Firebird/TransAm is nice... but, seriously... it probably is best to keep it an idea... considering that it would just take away from the Camaro sales... you can say that it'll just add to the overall GM sales... but, having 'little' market share for the Camaro is what killed it in the first place... hopefully with the lack of a Firebird/TransAm will keep the Camaro alive and well...

the El Camino thing... I really don't see it making too much of a difference giving it to Chevy and slapping the El Camino logo on it... why not call it the Chevy Luv then?!

Just my thought for the day... Thanks for listening...

#9 ·
Don't know where the Pontiac truck idea come from, but it should have stayed there. Why Chevy needs 2 sports coupes and the performance division, Pontiac, is struggling to get one is something that is well beyond me. That so called "ST" is not and never should be a Pontiac. An idiot knows better! My guess is that once again Pontiac is just GM's stepchild getting leftovers and not a well seasoned and baked product. I just don't see a lot of energy and money going into this brand.

#10 ·
I think the Holden pickup should be a GMC Caballero

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.