GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Super Moderator
While this is certainly no Corvette launch, it is pretty neat. It also puts into perspective for me of all the potential that Brightdrop has. And, it further reinforces my believing that not rolling thus under Chevy was the right choice. GM has historically spun off successful divisions like this, that are outside of their core business. Putting this under Chevy would make that difficult. Plus, what place does a division with fancy motorized carts have under Chevy anyway?

Though I hope GM keeps this - looks like it will be a solid revenue stream and is still related to their main operations of selling vehicles.

Super Moderator
@BlackGTP I don鈥檛 know. This branded as Chevy wouldn鈥檛 have been an entirely bad idea. I was surprised in my teens to learn that Honda has robotics, lawn mowers/equipment, generators, motorcycles, jets/aircraft, scooters and more than just cars branded as Honda. It would have been cool to brand this as Chevy.
Probably no wrong answer on this - I can see it working as Bright Drop or Chevy.

The difference between Honda and GM is that GM will spin off different businesses if they become successful vs. Honda that doesn't do that. From that basis it makes a lot more sense to have a different brand name to me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts