GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Breaking News: The GMC Hummer EV Could Be The World's First "Supertruck" — Here's Whe

Breaking News: The GMC Hummer EV Could Be The World's First "Supertruck" — Here's When It's Coming!
TFLTruck.com
By: Roman Mica
July 29, 2020

·
Registered
16,941 Posts
Re: Breaking News: The GMC Hummer EV Could Be The World's First "Supertruck" — Here's

0-60 in 3 seconds. Amazing. Companies like Porsche are going to have trouble, they rely on their SUV's to float the sports cars, but with electrics every make will be able to compete with Porsche's SUV's....

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Re: Breaking News: The GMC Hummer EV Could Be The World's First "Supertruck" — Here's

0-60 in 3 seconds. Amazing. Companies like Porsche are going to have trouble, they rely on their SUV's to float the sports cars, but with electrics every make will be able to compete with Porsche's SUV's....
Until the Porsche Electric SUVs come out - VW Group's PPE platform, developed from the Taycan's J1 platform, will be used by the Macan EV in 2021 and scaled up for the Cayenne EV

·
Premium Member
33,269 Posts

Germans are following the traditional laptop batteries route to EVDom. They are just not that innovative.

·
Registered
16,941 Posts

Until the Porsche Electric SUVs come out - VW Group's PPE platform, developed from the Taycan's J1 platform, will be used by the Macan EV in 2021 and scaled up for the Cayenne EV
I expect they will electrify their SUV's. But their problem is that right now the performance SUV competition is pretty small. If you want a performance SUV you have very little choice. Now virtually any make fielding electric SUV's will have fast 0-60 and I assume all will handle well with the battery packs down low.... More choice is bound to steal sales.

I think electrics will upend the performance world, especially the high end. Stick enough batteries in a Camry and it will have a 2 second 0-60 and handle well, might just loose some top end due to aerodynamics. It's going to make a $300k Ferrari look pretty questionable when its performance isn't that much better than a Camry.

·
Premium Member
5,574 Posts

I'm now waiting for the speculative CGI Renders.

·
Registered
8,872 Posts

Badass yes. Supertruck no.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This car is stunning! I wish I could replace my old car, and get something like this. Probably, it is worth applying for credit. I love the fact that GM has finally created something truly amazing. I’ve seen different reviews on YouTube and other sites about this car. Honestly, I do not get people who criticize or leave negative comments about this car. I don’t think that any other well-known SUVs can compete with GMC. The more I look at it, the more I want it. I also heard that this news portal https://news.kisspr.com is preparing some unique news release about the GMC Hummer EV.

·
Banned
3,929 Posts
Probly so, you're not being a grump or anything are ya? ;) :D
nah...I'm just not easily impressible as some. That Hummer video tripped me out because of some of the reactions out there...all the "Awesomes" and "super cools" and I'm sitting here like "any car can do damn donuts in the snow".

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
nah...I'm just not easily impressible as some. That Hummer video tripped me out because of some of the reactions out there...all the "Awesomes" and "super cools" and I'm sitting here like "any car can do damn donuts in the snow".
Ooooohhhhh.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts