GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A 246 torque 4-cyl turbodiesel....in an S-10?

---------------------
2002 Chevrolet S10 Crew Cab Executive

Highlights:
Latest addition to Brazil's top-selling and most complete pick-up line. Eighty percent of pick-up customers prefer diesel engines in this market.
High-end double cab edition with four-wheel drive and powerful MWM 2.8L intercooled turbodiesel engine
New exterior design, upgraded interiors and a broader range of equipment conceived by GMB's Design Center in Sao Paulo
Transverse rear shock absorbers for improved driveability and passenger comfort
Leather interiors, with all-electric seats
High-tech security system, including vehicle immobilizer with variable code

Body style/driveline:

five-passenger, front-engine, all-wheel-drive

Engine type:

2.8L 4-cylinder diesel

Horsepower (hp / kw @ rpm):

130 @ 3600

Torque (lb-ft / Nm @ rpm):

246 @ 1800

Transmission:

5-speed manual

Acceleration (0-100 km/h):

12.7 seconds

Manufacturing location:

São José dos Campos, Brazil

·
Registered
6 Posts
And probably gets much better fuel mileage. I wish they'd sell something with a small diesel here in the U.S. :brick:

·
Registered
33 Posts
It would be nice to have a 4 and/or 6 cyllinder turbo diesel motor('s) available in the mid-sized suv's and pick-ups. It would be a popular seller I think. Good pulling power and better fuel economy sounds like a good selling point to me. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hehehe, sorry for you guys in USA, I just bought one of these S10 Diesel babies!!

It rocks, very powerfull, full featured and great fuel economy (did 150Km in city with less than 1/4 tank).

I love the truck and I've only had it for 2 days!

If you have any questions or want photos, tell me :D

Just for the record, I live in Panama, not Brazil. These type of S10s are available through all Latin America

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by skumancer@Jun 6 2004, 03:13 PM
Hehehe, sorry for you guys in USA, I just bought one of these S10 Diesel babies!!

It rocks, very powerfull, full featured and great fuel economy (did 150Km in city with less than 1/4 tank).

Just for the record, I live in Panama, not Brazil. These type of S10s are available through all Latin America
Welcome, Skumancer - yes, please post photos - and underhood shot would be nice, too.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the welcome message ;)

I'll take some photos righ after I clean it (yeah, its raining here so its not so clean, even after 2 days).

I'll take some under the hood photos and some outside/inside photos too!!

I have a question. does anybody know how to change the shifter knob?

I went to a shop yesterday and everyone was baffled at how stiff and stuck the original knob is. I don't know how to remove it, but I do want a new one :p

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hey skumancer
I been to Conitdor Island twice (96,99) and the Royal Decameron Beach Resort in 2000 and sent a couple of days in Panama each time. Nice country to visit.
We could go to to the Royal Deameron All Inclusive for $441 + 141 taxes CDN. June 12

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Skumancer, that's a great truck - excellent photos! The only thing that looks similar is the interior, and there are even some differences there - like with the door handles and door panels.

Overall very cool, and a sweet looking engine!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Originally posted by skumancer@Jun 6 2004, 01:13 PM

Not here <_<

·
Registered
393 Posts
No trip to Panama this years
Planning a cruise on the Amazon in Novomber for 25 years of weding bliss
The cruise starts from Manaus.
If you want a great trip go to Panama

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ohh well, I'll get to know you next time you visit then ;)

The interior is very similar, but, as you say, it does have its differences. I wonder, would S10 accesories be instalable in my truck (for example A/C knobs, gauge faces)?

:afro:

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Great pictures! I wish they would offer something like that in the U.S.

What is the MWM Sprint logo on the valve cover all about? This is an Isuzu engine, isn't it?

After you get a few miles on it, I'd be interested to here what your fuel mileage is.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by skumancer@Jun 7 2004, 09:24 PM
The interior is very similar, but, as you say, it does have its differences. I wonder, would S10 accesories be instalable in my truck (for example A/C knobs, gauge faces)?
It looks to me like most things would be interchangeable on the dash. You could even buy a "dash kit" and it looks like most of the bits would fit. Even the door window controls look the same, but the handle and other panel parts on the door are very different.

Did you put that radio in aftermarket, or did it come with the car?

Hey, I guess they don't need airbags in Latin America? :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Originally posted by Ming@Jun 8 2004, 02:05 PM
Did you put that radio in aftermarket, or did it come with the car?

Hey, I guess they don't need airbags in Latin America? :D
We DO need airbags...don't try to be funny...every car I've had ( Volvo S40, Ford Explorer, Kia Sorento) has had airbags...God knows why I bought a truck without airbags...oh well :D

The radio is a P.O.S....its a "Rampage" by AudioBox...I ordered a new Kenwood last friday, should arrive soon!!!

I'll update you guys later!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts