GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Forgettable, but yes, better than the robots... I liked the brashness and memorable-ness of the ad they had earlier this year - the "we put a man on the moon" one.
Yeah I liked the Moonshot and Garage ads for the CTS also. They spoke to the Americaness and innovation of Cadillac. I'm not sure what this one is supposed to say, maybe to connect Cadillac to hip culture with the music? BTW looking at the ad again,I see the ATS they used is not a Performance or Premium, but a Luxury with optional 18" wheels,so it lacks the LED lights. I'd love to know what the hell they are thinking when they make these decisions?

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
They better start showing their cars in red again.

I'm sick of their current all silver, black, and gray everything.

Careful what you wish for, Morpheus.

Love that color on the ATS and it is wearing my favorite Cadillac wheel. It's interesting that even though it has the nice wheels it isn't the top spec model as it is lacking the led's in the bumper. I'm curious as to why in an ad like that you wouldn't show the top model?

·
Registered
19,265 Posts
Love that color on the ATS and it is wearing my favorite Cadillac wheel. It's interesting that even though it has the nice wheels it isn't the top spec model as it is lacking the led's in the bumper. I'm curious as to why in an ad like that you wouldn't show the top model?
To glamorize the base models, so the upper level models look even better?

Just a guess.

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
Yeah I liked the Moonshot and Garage ads for the CTS also. They spoke to the Americaness and innovation of Cadillac. I'm not sure what this one is supposed to say, maybe to connect Cadillac to hip culture with the music? BTW looking at the ad again,I see the ATS they used is not a Performance or Premium, but a Luxury with optional 18" wheels,so it lacks the LED lights. I'd love to know what the hell they are thinking when they make these decisions?

See post #12 by sfbreh. I believe he nailed it.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sfbreth is a smart guy, but that is BS. You want to attract the customer so you show him your best stuff. And when he comes in your dealer lot, you want him to seek out the best you got, as that brings the biggest profit. If he can't afford it, he may still walk away with a cheaper model, but at least you have a sale. If you don't attract him to come have a look in the first place with your best looking product, you make no sale.

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
Sfbreth is a smart guy, but that is BS. You want to attract the customer so you show him your best stuff. And when he comes in your dealer lot, you want him to seek out the best you got, as that brings the biggest profit. If he can't afford it, he may still walk away with a cheaper model, but at least you have a sale. If you don't attract him to come have a look in the first place with your best looking product, you make no sale.

Well, to be honest the average person wouldn't notice the lack of led's on the car in the commercial. Even you thought it was a top spec model until you went back and watched the ad, so whatever Cadillac's reasoning it's probably not an issue here. I'd say the new front is very successful. It looks really good even without the led's, whereas before it had that big gaping black plastic insert devoid of any embellishment.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, to be honest the average person wouldn't notice the lack of led's on the car in the commercial. Even you thought it was a top spec model until you went back and watched the ad, so whatever Cadillac's reasoning it's probably not an issue here. I'd say the new front is very successful. It looks really good even without the led's, whereas before it had that big gaping black plastic insert devoid of any embellishment.
Yes, I must admit the 15' non- LED models stilll do look good, to the extent I didnt even notice their absence. That being said, why not show your best looking model, which is still the one with the LEDs? I'm not the most observant person, perhaps some other guy will notice the absence / presence of LEDs and be underwhelmed/ bowled over by the look, who knows, I just don't see any disadvantages of not showing the top end model, and some possible disadvantages to not doing so.

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
Hm, not terrible.

Lacks originality, but that's a small problem compared to Cadillac's recent marketing efforts...
I do like the emphasis on the cars appearance. Unlike some, I find the ATS a beautiful car. It has a kinetic poise and wonderful proportions that the Germans simply don't possess.

This isn't part of the "big-push" Mr. Ellinghaus has been talking about, is it?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts