GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
A Boyd Coddington with door handles. Tsk tsk.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I thought this was something done to commemorate Boyd's life. But, I see it was penned before his passing.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Dang, that is a sweet truck. But still not as cool as the Joe Gibbs trucks of the past years. Too bad we wont get anymore of those!***mutters something to self about Joe Gibbs being a traitor***

·
Registered
832 Posts
Throw on a Silverado front clip, and the SS badging along with the 7.0L Vette engine, and I think we have the truck of all sport trucks. Say goodbye to the Viper Ram as you leave him in your dust. I'm not one for lowered trucks, but I have to admit that I really like that, A LOT! I don't know what it is about it, maybe the paint job. I love the rims too. GM, take some notes!!!

As for the lifted truck, Sweet looking too. Not real big on the decals on the side, but looks like a great stance.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Throw on a Silverado front clip, and the SS badging along with the 7.0L Vette engine, and I think we have the truck of all sport trucks. Say goodbye to the Viper Ram as you leave him in your dust. I'm not one for lowered trucks, but I have to admit that I really like that, A LOT! I don't know what it is about it, maybe the paint job. I love the rims too. GM, take some notes!!!

As for the lifted truck, Sweet looking too. Not real big on the decals on the side, but looks like a great stance.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Now that is what I call a "SPORT" truck. None of this lowered, painted and double deuced out Sierra that shames the name Boyd Coddington. I mean who puts the exhaust coming out before the rear wheel? I never understand that. It looks stupid and makes a bloody mess of your rims.

·
Registered
672 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
sweet truck. and about the exhaust thing, I personally like it hidden. next would be out the side in front of the rear tire (there are also cutouts to mount the exhaust tip in your fender). If it had to go over the rear axle, I would make it 3" stainless tips on each side barely sticking down visually.

·
Registered
832 Posts
There you go. But I would swap the rims for the Boyd rims (I just don't care for a rim over 20"), keep the stock side mirrors and loose the graphics. Solid Red/ Black Racing Stripes or Black/ White Racing Stripes. About the exhaust, I like what they did on the Boyd model. I think that is what gives it the Sport Truck look. I'm not the biggest fan of the exhaust coming straight out the back under the bumper. If anything, a duel exhaust if it runs all the way to the back looks cool going out at both corners on a 45*. That is my favorite look of an exhaust.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The orgional sport truck, the Ford Lightning! I love the exhaust exiting in front of the rear tire on trucks! Short pipe = big noise!!!

Only prob is getting black crap all over your pretty wheels with it being in front of the wheels. That the reason Ford recalled all the 97 models

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.