GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Charles Ales is into Ford Mustangs. In fact, he owns several; his collection includes all three BOSS variants and four new Shelbys. Over years of collecting cars and hobnobbing with others who share his interests, he noticed that the real car people's enthusiasm for their rides borders on religious fervor. An idea popped into Charles' head last summer, and The Mustang Church of America and Museum was born. It's even got its own logo: the Christian fish symbol with the running pony inside.

Built next to the house in which he was born, the facility is set to open later this summer and will display Mr. Ales' collection of Mustangs. He also plans to host car shows, swap meets and two Mustang blessings a year. Charles and his adopted son Robert Brunch, both ordained ministers, will preside over Sunday services in the non-denominational church. "I'll preach goodness and helping my fellow humankind. I'll preach what we're supposed to do - make this a better world than we found it," he told the local Pittsburg, KS Morning Sun newspaper.

The mural behind his pulpit will show Jesus at the wheel of a '66 Mustang. Bet you don't have one of those at your church.

[Source: The Morning Sun]

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
and people wonder why there is a vast moral emptiness in America!!! thou shalt not have any other Gods before me ring a bell?

·
Registered
11,071 Posts
Oh great. Something else for the hapless, hopeless, vapid American boy-trapped-in-a-man's-body to capitulate to in fundamentalist fashion.

The average American is now officially a bigger whack-job than even Heaven's Gate disciples.

Will the insanity ever cease?

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors Mustang! :D

HA!! Yeah right!! :p lol!

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
I thought they drove Hondas in Biblical times.

I can't remember where it is but I remember reading a verse somewhere that said "they were all in one accord"
Lol! I wonder if "Prius" is buried somewhere deep in the Book of Revelations! "

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
Mustangs are cool but maybe it's just me, but I'm not much for driving an "icon". I like the idea but everyone has one. Depending on the era I'd rather have a Cougar or Thunderbird

·
Registered
116 Posts
Um are you guys really going to assume that all us Americans are like that...If you are...all I have to say is wow... *dissapointed headshake*

P.S. I'm sure your countries don't have crazy people right? lol

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
and people wonder why there is a vast moral emptiness in America!!! thou shalt not have any other Gods before me ring a bell?
I don't believe he his specifically worshiping the Mustang. He's just tying in God and the Mustang (in a light hearted fun way).
"Somebody asked me if I wasn't worried about people thinking this was sacrilegious," Ales said. "Well, I hope Jesus has a sense of humor."

·
Registered
698 Posts
I would have seen this happening more with the corvette crowd, hell people get buried in the darn things why not worship them above ground.

I agree though this guy is still worshipping god, he just threw mustangs in for fun. Nothing wrong with having a bunch of people who enjoy the same thing get together on sunday and worship christ, then after mass head to the parking lot on a nice sunday morning and hang out around cars.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I would have seen this happening more with the corvette crowd, hell people get buried in the darn things why not worship them above ground.

I agree though this guy is still worshipping god, he just threw mustangs in for fun. Nothing wrong with having a bunch of people who enjoy the same thing get together on sunday and worship christ, then after mass head to the parking lot on a nice sunday morning and hang out around cars.

Yeah thats how I interpreted it also.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.