GM Inside News Forum banner

Bought A Malibu :) *(Updated 12/17/08--Winter Driving Eval, Part I)*

3K views 41 replies 29 participants last post by  Speedjerk 
#1 · (Edited)
My dad has some business to take care of out of town next week and since he's the only one who has the necessary insurance info for now (meaning he has to get me hooked up initially), I decided to go and pull the trigger earlier tonight.

My new 'bu is an '08 1LT (2.4L/4Spd) in Silverstone Metallic with the Ebony interior (coming from the Kansas City plant). It definitely enhances the look of my garage here now.....in fact after I got it parked, I got out and he was like "I'm not sure yet, but I think you got a nicer car than your old man...." ;)

But yeah, it's late & I'm operating on 3hrs of sleep, so pics will have to wait till tomorrow (my dealership 'experience' though is described in more detail in the 'Customers & the Outside' section).

:drive:

#2 ·
Re: Bought A Malibu :)

Congratulations. You just got an outstanding vehicle. Can't wait to see what I will have to choose from the next time around.

#6 ·

Congratulations. You just got an outstanding vehicle. Can't wait to see what I will have to choose from the next time around.
Join the club It's going to be a tough decision for me as well if my Bu finally croaks or becomes too expensive to maintain. Personally It would be nice to have either the new lacrosse or a used car that looks more stylish and performs better than the Bu

#5 ·

Congrats on the new Bu!!!

#13 ·

Congrats on the neZZzzZZZZZzzzzZZzzzzzzzZzZzzzzZZzzz............

#15 · (Edited)

*(Once I get the insurance straightened out, will go back to H&H to exchange the dealer plate for in-transit stickers)*

Quality comes from Fairfax :)

What the 'bu shares the garage with--Dad's '03 Accord LX

Compared to my dad's Accord (which I've driven alot)......the Malibu provides a better driving experience all-around. To me, it feels more 'planted' on the road and even though I haven't taken it out much yet (let alone hit I-80), I can sense a bit more tactile feedback already. Road noise is virtually eliminated too, which is further enhanced by the stereo (which can compensate for any noise so you don't have to keep adj. the volume).

A/C & heat work great.....provide hurricane force airflow when the dials are turned up to the max.

Fit and finish is also pretty impressive....everything is nice, tight & linear. There is a bit more plastic here than in the Accord, but the difference between the two is minimal IMO, with the Chevy's being only slightly harder. The seats are custom cloth which are obviously a step below those in the Accord, but had I opted for the '2LT' model, the "UltraLux" seating surfaces would've erased that gap. Nevertheless, they are extremely comfortable, much more so than those in my Voyager :)

#16 ·
Re: Bought A Malibu :) *(Pics added 9-9-08)*

Yeah your old man was right, you do have a nicer car than he does :).

P.S GO BIG RED!!!!

All you need is the skull and crossbones or a big red N.

#25 ·

So how does the dad like it in comparison ?
To sum it up real simple, it's an Acura by any other name. He drove it a bit this afternoon (took a half day) and said the interior (save for the seats) it markedly better than in the Honda. Said the radio would take some getting used to.....but this is coming from a guy who had to crack open the owners manual to figure out how to work the one in his Accord. Space in back is slightly better than what he has, but it's a tad bit more difficult to see out the back window.

The leather wrapped shifter & moveable center armrest is what he likes the best :)

#22 ·

I'm impressed with the design of the Malibu all around. GM needs to put the 6 speed trans in the 4 banger, though.

I love the trim in the LTZ, too. Few cars have as much character in that trim.

#27 ·

sweet car

#31 ·

very nice....
Why is the ring around the headlight blue? either angel eye thingy's or its the blue reflecting from your clothes?
I had a blue shirt on, but it was a very, very light shade so that shouldn't be it.......dunno what that is :blink:

Wow very nice! I really like the wheels. A friend of mine got a dark blue LT just like yours a few weeks ago.
All that chrome really makes it stand out, should look even better once I tint the windows :yup: Congrats too your friend too!

#30 ·

Looks fantastic. Congratulations on it and great choice, I'm trying to talk my parents into one when they need a new vehicle....

-Chase

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.