GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What a ride...clean inside and out, no rust, and only a few cigarrete burns on the carpet, that's it. A punchy 5.7 (not the LT1) scoots you along nice and quick, and you have the added bonus of classic, RWD big car styling. I personally love it...it's just a matter of taste I suppose.

I went to pick it up in MN last night...and hit a killer snow storm on the way back, but made it in one piece. I don't have any pics right now cause it's snowing outside, and I'm at work...but I have a couple in the thread I had when I was looking at it.

The first order of business is to put in a new stereo, speakers, and replace the hubcaps...but other than that, it doesn't need anything. Just new fluids and a tire rotate. Minor maintenence. I'm pumped!

Oh, and it looks like I finally passed 1000 posts...looks like it only took me about 4 years. =)

Pics!

·
Banned
8,969 Posts
Re: Bought a 93 Caprice Classic Wagon!

Well, congrats all the way around! I hope the boat gives you plenty of trouble free miles! Get some pics ASAP. If you don't mind me asking, what was the final price?

·
Registered
3,563 Posts

Checked the fluids when you get a chance. I didn't think my wagon needed much either. I found out that I had a leaky radiator.

I would like to know what your mpg is when you get a few tanks in it. Mine is running about 18mpg.

·
Registered
196 Posts

Congrats! I love those darn cars, and am jealous of yours

·
Registered
1,671 Posts

Yea...get the pics up.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts

There's no better feeling than rolling through a snowstorm in one of those beasts, at least IMO. Congrats though! :drive:

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's some pics I just took...sorry about the quality, they're phone pics.

still...pretty mean looking eh? =)

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
2nd order of business is to get a nice tach in there:cool:

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
I think you have a fetish for big cars. :)

They look really sweet with wheels....

·
Banned
8,969 Posts
Just out of curiousity, what kind of wood is it wrapped in? Australian Birch? White Pine? ;)

The pics look great! She looks pretty clean for her age.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just out of curiousity, what kind of wood is it wrapped in? Australian Birch? White Pine? ;)

The pics look great! She looks pretty clean for her age.
Actually, it's Red Cedar with a faded stain, a very rare option on the 93's ;)

I dunno, I'm thinking of either getting some torq thrusts for it, or some dog dishes. Can't make up my mind, but these hubcaps gotta go.

Man this car is sharp. I love it. I do have a big car fetish.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
No, leave the wire wheel covers!

Congratulations either way!

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
Why???

I can say @ 72MPH, he'll be running at about 1650RPM, give or take depending on his final drive ratio.... my 93 Roadmaster has 2.56 gears....
I love driving pushrod motors because of things like that! My Forester has like 4.11 gears and does about 3200 rpm at 70 :(

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
I love driving pushrod motors because of things like that! My Forester has like 4.11 gears and does about 3200 rpm at 70 :(

@ 60 MPH, I loaf at a spinning 1400 RPM!!!!!:D

If I keep the pedal out of it...I can get an honest 24-25MPG on the highway...

With such a low ratio, it's like driving an old fashion Dynaflow....step on the gas and flat....even for passing...:confused:

If the car had 3.08, 3.23 or even 3.42 gears it would be a race car...at the expense of already poor MPG performance!!!:fall:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts