GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
Actually the Bonneville has a $2000 GM loyalty rebate and a $3000 customer incentive, so realistically a Boinneville GXP, with the 275hp V8, and all the standard features, has an MSRP of $35,995, but with rebates you can get one for under $30,000, actually aboout $28,700 more or less, which brings the GXP into a more favorable light, even after the GXP is loaded up with heated seats and a moonroof, after all the rebates are removed, you can still get one for around $30,000, this is V6 Accord money, for a larger, better looking car, with a world class V8 engine, bristling with high tech features like stabilitrack and heads up display.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Originally posted by surferdude00711@Jun 4 2004, 08:42 PM
Do those things sell? I know the Monte does and it has just as bad of an interior.
Honda :plasma:
GM :afro:
They sold 2,327 in the month of April & 12,870 this year so far. The MC (which has sold 22,884 in the year '04 so far) isn't in the same class as the Bonne. :D

·
Registered
337 Posts
One of my only complaints is the interior. I would not spend that much money for a car that has cheap plastics like the Boneville has. It has a nice exterior, but change the interior, and add a navigation system, and this would be pretty nice. :bounce:

·
Banned
205 Posts
THE GXP WILL BE A FLOP. WHY WOULD ANYONE SPEND $38K FOR A BONNEVILLE? THIS CAR IS TOO SIMILAR IN LOOKS TO AN ANCIENT BODY STYLE. IT'S A SIN TO PAY $29K FOR A STRIPPED BONNEVILLE. THE GXP MAY HAVE A V-8, AND A FEW HANDLING FEATURES, BUT THE ORDINARY CUSTOMER WILL NEVER TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THESE OPTIONS SITTING IN A TRAFFIC JAM.
I HAVE OWNED A 90, 93, 96, 98, AND AN 01 BONNEVILLE. THE 01 WAS A REAL DISAPPOINTMENT. tHE LACK OF HEAD ROOM AND POOR VISIBILITY MADE THE CAR UNCOMFORTABLE TO DRIVE. I JUST PURCHASED A 2004 IMPALA BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO BUY THE 04 BONNEVILLE AND SPEND A PILE OF MONEY TO CHANGE COLORS! PONTIAC SHOULD HAVE SPENT THE GXP MONEY ON UPGRADING THE LOOKS OF THE CURRENT CAR. BONNEVILLES WILL BE HISTORY IN THE NEAR FUTURE. MOST OF THE DEALERS IN MY AREA DON'T STOCK MORE THAN TWO OR THREE BECAUSE THEY ARE POOR SELLERS. WAKE-UP PONTIAC.

·
Registered
410 Posts
i wonder if we can transplant the tiptronic system from the G6 to the Bonneville GXP... if can, this car sure is SICK enough... but if more advanced, how about manual transmission?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts