GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
Pontiac DOES offer that combo, this IS a production car, not a protoytpe.

I was at a local dealership that had a great looking black Bonneville GXP with the tan interior sitting right up front next to a black and yellow GTO.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the new nameplate on the rear. Much better than that funky angular text they used to have centered on the trunk area.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
The GXP looks better than the regular Bonneville's. All the Bonneville needed was a little more sportier package as well as a new interior. I am looking forward to the best of competing, but right now Grand Prix & Bonneville interiors aren't very up-to-date, and GM will have to do a little bit just to make them better. I do like the 275 hp V-6 (or V-8) Northstar engine. It really blows me away from the underpowered 205 and 240 hp engines, that lack competing in its class.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Originally posted by Ming@Apr 24 2004, 11:07 PM
I like the new nameplate on the rear. Much better than that funky angular text they used to have centered on the trunk area.
That badge was/is only on the SE models.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Was at the Houston show, too, but I can't remember if I took pictures of this car. I really just came to drool at all of the rear drive cars-GTO. Was bummed that the Solstice was not there.

The color on this paint was really intriguing; now if we could just get rear drive we would have something to talk about.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i was just pocken around to find some stuff out about my car. mostly looking for performance mods. but hard to find. but i happen to see the pictures in this thread and there i saw my baby.

shes pearl while with a powerful voice.

shes an '04 and iv had her since march of '07 with 29,000miles on her for appox. $20 large.

iv done some stereo system mods that about it.

before her i had a red '99 monte carlo which i was inlove with (first car) and happy to say stil on the family.

this was my first post here and hopefully fallowed by many more.

·
Registered
962 Posts
The Bonnie GXP was a great looking car---they just needed to up the quality of the interior a little. I would definatley think about getting one if I came across a grade A example for a decent price.

·
Premium Member
15,292 Posts
Holy four-year-old thread!

I'm glad the Bonneville is gone. They were nice looking cars, but they didn't serve the General's image very well.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Just like any other case, the Bonneville name was never the problem. It was the General's execution of the design! Pontiac needs the Bonneville back!

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
Haha old thread but those GXPs did look pretty sweet. Thing is, an SSEi, with the 240 hp 3800 L67, is about a second faster in the quarter...

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Haha old thread but those GXPs did look pretty sweet. Thing is, an SSEi, with the 240 hp 3800 L67, is about a second faster in the quarter...
What??? No way. 240hp/260tq 3800S/C vs. 275hp/300tq 4.6l Northstar! On Motortrends website they tested the GXP 0-60 at 6.5 seconds. I cant imagine the SSEI being faster than that.

I do love Bonneville GXP's, especially in Sport Red. I think in 05 the B-GXP was one of the best looking cars GM made. Interior was just OK though, that was one of its big failing points IMO.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I just want to post in a 4 year old thread. But Bonneville GXP's were great looking cars.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yes- really old thread!!

Man did I like those GXP's. Wonderfully understaded exterior, back when the General didn't do that. I could never bring myself to look at that funhouse interior everyday, however.

·
Registered
13,157 Posts
Nice car but it was in my opinion expensive.

The public was always hestitant to spend close to 40 grand for a pontiac sedan. IMO

(if I remember correctly)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts