GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remember the Enspire? It’s looking increasingly likely that GM will use a version of the Bolt’s chassis to form the basis of that, and another CUV in the near future. A slide from a presentation uncovered by GM Authority plainly shows that in November 2017 GM was planning for “New CUV entries; two entries by […]
The post Bolt Chassis to Underpin Two Upcoming GM Crossovers: Report appeared first on GM Inside News.

More...

·
Registered
973 Posts
With all the cheap plastics GM uses, it should be profitable ;).

The bolt was a great opportunity wasted by designers and management. Even i think engineering did a decent job but there were lot more they should have done ( ex: skateboard architecture as it was a ground up project).

They have an opportunity to make a model y competitor now ( way ahead of Tesla ).

Even though model3 is at 35k, the real on road price is very high ( near 70k+ with options ) and i do expect a lot people may cancel the orders as they never expected this price. So there is a big opportunity for Bolt.

Please don't make like cheap plastic and the designer comes and says we have a chrome round on those buttons also ( it sounds like we have a nice tie over the sh** )

·
Premium Member
34,893 Posts
With all the cheap plastics GM uses, it should be profitable ;).

The bolt was a great opportunity wasted by designers and management. Even i think engineering did a decent job but there were lot more they should have done ( ex: skateboard architecture as it was a ground up project).

They have an opportunity to make a model y competitor now ( way ahead of Tesla ).

Even though model3 is at 35k, the real on road price is very high ( near 70k+ with options ) and i do expect a lot people may cancel the orders as they never expected this price. So there is a big opportunity for Bolt.

Please don't make like cheap plastic and the designer comes and says we have a chrome round on those buttons also ( it sounds like we have a nice tie over the sh** )
The problem for GM in general is that some designers and management people are not car people, therefore the designs are not emotional, just day jobs...

·
Registered
973 Posts
The problem for GM in general is that some designers and management people are not car people, therefore the designs are not emotional, just day jobs...
I don't think people need to be car people to make good products but they need to have an end product vision and that same vision needs shared will all people (including costs and value it offers ).

The carguys will say with ICE , gears, turbochargers, number of cylinders etc, The era completely changed. The same happened to TV industry, Tube was there for lot years, them some thing like LCD,Plasma etc came in, then LED came in, now QLED , refresh rates, resolution etc gone from HD to Full HD to 4k .Mobile phones industry also went through the same, Cars are now in that transition state. Some companies goes for Nokia/Blackberry fate, some will become apple, Samsung etc ..so this is the times. A think now, none really cares of phone calling, there are lot more services we use on phone and most places now call and message is freee. phone guy would have never made an Iphone and this revolution wont have happened... all phone guys on that time said Iphone is not going to take off ...

Probably thatz one thing i think Mark reuss is too much on ( car guy: he still thinks he is a performance division head ), he needs more focus on alternative technologies to products too ( ex: Traverse,XT5 Hybrid/Plug-in hybrid ) , Bolt mid life improvements ( ex: look on Honda, they got bad reviews for 2013/2014 civic and with in an year or 2 they improved a lot and made the next home run civic ).

On the other side elon musk is not a car guy, his aim is different. He wants is a quality product to have his aim. Now if some other technology comes and some one standup with it, we will see how elon will adapt or "be stubborn and die"

ex: a designer would always able to say "look at our product reviews, almost all says cheap plastics, so i improved the material, now can we make it standard across all models and reduce price by mass purchase than one model cheap plastic, the other trim with other material etc etc ) .now the purchase manager will have a different thing to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts