GM Inside News Forum banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Re: Bob Luts Officially Challenges Anyone to Race Against the CTS-V, Driven by Him!

I would love to see that race!
The CTS-V might've ran a record run at Nürburg, but it doesn't mean Lutz will be able to win against an experienced M5 driver at any track.

But even if he loses, it is still a great challenge for PR.

P.s. let him dress up like 'the Stig'

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Re: Bob Luts Officially Challenges Anyone to Race Against the CTS-V, Driven by Him!

I would love to see that race!
The CTS-V might've ran a record run at Nürburg, but it doesn't mean Lutz will be able to win against an experienced M5 driver at any track.

But even if he loses, it is still a great challenge for PR.

P.s. let him dress up like 'the Stig'
Seems to me, it was a challenge to journalists, Finding one of them with a LOt of experience in any high end Sedan could be a little tough.
Ed

·
Registered
5,554 Posts

I would not dare, even if he had Cobalt SS and me CTS-V. Most likely I would end up in a ditch being mesmerized by Caddy and he would not be distracted by Cobalt interior.:D

·
Registered
3,406 Posts

I love it. A man that stands behind his product. I would have former GM exec John Heinracy on standby just in case Bob isn't up to the task.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts

What did you think happened to my first Audi? ;)
wescoent,

I vote yes for you to have fun and compete. I would think it would be a kick just to participate. And before you ask, I have been to our race track in CT and I can tell you in my case, my skills do not match my ego. I think that is where in 2005 I understood the difference in a race track ready car versus a GT model.

Bob has generated so much buzz in the car industry and it continues today.

JLM

·
Registered
146 Posts

I would not dare, even if he had Cobalt SS and me CTS-V. Most likely I would end up in a ditch being mesmerized by Caddy and he would not be distracted by Cobalt interior.:D
Once upon a time he road raced Neons:eek:; him in a Cobalt, what distraction?
A network really needs to pick this up, could be a win-win all around.

·
Registered
13,043 Posts

wescoent,

I vote yes for you to have fun and compete. I would think it would be a kick just to participate. And before you ask, I have been to our race track in CT and I can tell you in my case skills do not match my ego. I think that is where in 2005 I understood the difference in a race track ready car versus a GT model.

Bob has generated so much buzz in the car industry and it continues today.

JLM
Been there, done that. A fun story of mine was me going from my AWD daily driver into a RWD track-ready BMW. In my enthusiasm, the concept of modulating the throttle slipped my mind, and when my first lap started, ended up backwards within 25 feet after ROASTING my rear tires on a WAY too hot launch.

An incredible feeling is going from a REAL race car, like a Formula Ford or a Caterham, back into a street car, and making what you THOUGHT was a tight-handling speedy little sedan feel like an old busted boat of a Cadillac.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts

Once upon a time he road raced Neons:eek:; him in a Cobalt, what distraction?
A network really needs to pick this up, could be a win-win all around.
I know that he drove Neons but my thought was around GM product line. Just kidding, but I like his idea to promote the car.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts

Me thinks me should go and get a ZR1 off my dad's lot and take him up on the challenge. GM vs. GM. May the best GM win.
WHOA! What dealer do you work for that has a four-door ZR1? LOLZ....:lmao:

·
Registered
2,245 Posts

I wonder what format he's talking about? One at a time laps against the clock, or fender banging?

Speaking of road racing... Did anyone see the last few minutes of the American LeMans race on Speed this past weekend? O-M-G, it was one of the most intense bits of racing that I have ever seen. The battle for first in GT2 between the Corvette and the Porsche was nuts!

·
Registered
3,406 Posts

I wonder what format he's talking about? One at a time laps against the clock, or fender banging?

Speaking of road racing... Did anyone see the last few minutes of the American LeMans race on Speed this past weekend? O-M-G, it was one of the most intense bits of racing that I have ever seen. The battle for first in GT2 between the Corvette and the Porsche was nuts!
I saw the clip of the last lap. I was honestly surprised that the Porsche driver was not penalized. Let's hope the Corvette GT2 effort is even more successful in its sophomore season next year.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts

I'm looking forward to all the crying on Jalopnik after Wes gets his ass handed to him by Maximum Bob.

·
Registered
173 Posts

I hope someone get this on film, and put on youtube. I would love to see this. LOL
That's what I'm saying; I hope this event is webcasted or broadcasted somehow. I'd love to watch this.

·
Registered
81 Posts

Maybe it will take Bob Lutz kicking butt in his Cadillac to get some respect for all those white-haired Cadillac drivers;). Beware the White Hair, he got Game!:D
I dare say Bob is the infinitely rare exception to the typical white-haired Cadillac drivers. He still flies a military jet, uh, of his own, and helicopters. Last I heard, though, he doesn't have a driver's license. Driving too fast too many times. Not the reason most white-hairs are going to lose their license.

Bob's got balls of adamantium (or unobtainium, one...)

41 - 60 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.