GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,043 Posts
Re: Bob Luts Officially Challenges Anyone to Race Against the CTS-V, Driven by Him!

You guys think I should enter? ;)

·
Registered
13,043 Posts
Re: Bob Luts Officially Challenges Anyone to Race Against the CTS-V, Driven by Him!

Borrow your friend's RS6. ;)
I know you have sources for it, lol.
Or my own RS4...

·
Registered
13,043 Posts

Audi makes nothing that could keep up with that car.
Well, that's what the challenge is about, isn't it?

I don't know... do you guys think blowing my cover and losing your insider is worth seeing me get run off the track by a 78 year old in a Cadillac?

·
Registered
13,043 Posts

Haven't you already done that by quoting yourself on this site?
How so?

Believe me... if I had blown my cover, I'd be getting more than a few legal notices in the mail by now. ;)

·
Registered
13,043 Posts

Well, it wouldn't be the first time a 78 year old in a Caddy ran someting off the road :lmao:
What did you think happened to my first Audi? ;)

·
Registered
13,043 Posts

wescoent,

I vote yes for you to have fun and compete. I would think it would be a kick just to participate. And before you ask, I have been to our race track in CT and I can tell you in my case skills do not match my ego. I think that is where in 2005 I understood the difference in a race track ready car versus a GT model.

Bob has generated so much buzz in the car industry and it continues today.

JLM
Been there, done that. A fun story of mine was me going from my AWD daily driver into a RWD track-ready BMW. In my enthusiasm, the concept of modulating the throttle slipped my mind, and when my first lap started, ended up backwards within 25 feet after ROASTING my rear tires on a WAY too hot launch.

An incredible feeling is going from a REAL race car, like a Formula Ford or a Caterham, back into a street car, and making what you THOUGHT was a tight-handling speedy little sedan feel like an old busted boat of a Cadillac.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.