GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/05/05/bmws-in-car-internet-coming-to-u-s-later-this-year/

It looks like BMW will begin rolling out its in-car internet system to markets outside of Germany sooner than expected, according to Automotive News. ConnectedDrive offers unrestricted access to the Web through the EDGE network, one of the faster mobile connections on the planet, and while backseat passengers can surf while on the go, front seat occupants will have to keep their speed under 5 kph if they want to check their favorite websites.
More at the link.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Okay.... Not as bad as I was thinking.... As long as it is left to the back seat occupants, then it is fine. Although, I can see us Idiotic Americans attempting to find a way around the <5kph rule so that we can not only be distracted by our Cell phones while driving, but also attempting to surf the net....

*as a side note, I was using "us" and "we" loosely, I do not use my phone while driving unless it is absolutely positively necessary, and I only dial or pick up, no texting....* sorry, the use of the cell phone is one of my biggest pet peeves in driving.

Honestly, I'm not too sure it is the best idea for the US...

-Chase

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.