GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BMW M1 Hommage concept headed for production

BMW resurrected the spirit of its M1 with the recent unveiling of the M1 Hommage concept, and it looks as though the Bavarian supercar is once again headed to production, a new report finds. A time frame for the reborn M1 has yet to be announced, but a few other details have been revealed.

In an interview with Car magazine, BMW board member Herbert Diess revealed that the M1 Hommage concept will indeed make production. "We have the know-how, we have the right engine, we even have the infrastructure to build such a car," he said.

Despite Diess spilling the beans to Car, the British magazine is saving the goods for its July 2008 issue. However, Car's online site did reveal a little bit about the upcoming model.

Although the M1 Hommage concept has a strong connection to the M1 BMW produced between 1978 and 1981, the road-going version of the concept will not wear the M1 nameplate. A mid-engine setup will be part of the equation but, unlike the original, three engine choices will be available — presumably of the six, eight and ten-cylinder variety.

The production car will also sport ‘heron-wing’ doors and a driver-focused interior.

The July issue should hit newsstands in the U.S. later this week.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I say.. just one more reason for Cadillac to produce something like the Cien Concept!!

... but with a revised grille

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
I say.. just one more reason for Cadillac to produce something like the Cien Concept!!

And heron-wing doors at the bare minimum. Personally, I think that if Cadillac is serious about being competitive, they'll make a concept with scaup-wing doors, a widgeon-focused interior, in an exciting shade of teal, and then put that into production.

·
Registered
13,337 Posts

That GM would build two stunning production-ready concepts like the Cien and Sixteen, garner accolades for both globally, then NOT put them onto dealer lots, is, in my opinion, indicative of their systemic self destruction as a car company that once epitomized industry-leading greatness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts