GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Not liking the style; atleast the front. Looks like some one bashed in a Dodge Challenger.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
I like it.........

BTW, does anyone know what happened to the older BMW that this concept is based on?? :confused:

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
I definitely see some Challenger, also a lot of Pantera and a little of the GTO concept. I sort of like it. The grille could use a bit of work, but the profile is very nice.

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
LMFAO!!!! When I opened this thread, I thought it was an M-coupe based off the 1-series! Not a mid-engine supercar, LOL!!!

Here's to alpha-numeric naming soup:friday:

CobaltSS

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
The original M1 was a bad ass race car! I can totally see BMW doing this car especially with all the other MFG's doing their own supercars.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
When first seeing this, It was without a doubt an M1, however, I also felt a "yeesh" escaping my lips, however, after having a good look-over of the vehicle, especially in High-res format:

( http://www.autoblog.com/photos/bmw-m1-homage/774730/full/ <-- lots of big pictures there)

I realized that there are a lot of really, really cool things going on in the concept.

It appears from the article that the pictures above went to, that this is just a design study, there isn't even an interior or a drivetrain to speak of.

A couple of things that I think are pretty interesting:
-The "floating" grilles and body panels on the car (use of solids and voids)
-The Headlight setup (homage to hidden/pop-up headlights)
-The whole rear end, very attractive in my opinion
-Beautiful rear 3/4 view
-The fact that the "flame surfacing" on the side of the car actually resembles air turbulence (like when using the smoke to look at the aerodynamics of the vehicle)

Some proportioning on the front of the vehicle still looks a little odd to me... But this is definately one that grows on you.

-Chase

1 - 12 of 12 Posts