GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
It's hilarious to see BMW slowly de-Bangelize their lineup. Their cars used to be handsome Germanic looking vehicles. Then they started looking like a joint effort with Pontiac circa 1999.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Well, the front end is a little stubby and the dash is not very plush. I know its BMW's style but the interior leaves alot to be desired at that price point.
But you know it will be a technological tour de force.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
They've clearly removed the controversy from the car's styling, for better or worse. The profile is a little disappointingly tame, but the trunk is much cleaner than the old model's.

It probably wasn't a bad idea to tone the car down a bit. I had a boss who had an early model of the previous 7-series (a 2002 745i, I believe), and he eventually got rid of it because he was tired of driving in such an ostentatious vehicle that everyone noticed. He traded it on an S500, then later moved to a 6-series convertible.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
it's not bad looking, but i was hoping for something more like the CS concept. the interior's not all that different looking to me. just that they took away the column mounted electronic gear selector (which i liked, personally) and replaced it with that goofy looking console thing. whatever, if it still drives like a 7, it won't matter.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
All I see is a warmed over previous gen 7 series just like what Lexus did with it's car lineup.
Is it just me getting older or current design of new sedan models makes me yawn?

More gadgets to empty your pockets, but fun and excitement are stomped by politically correct unisex babyboomer appeal.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Looks quite nice, although the side view is a bit too much like an LS, especially at the back.

The dash is typical BMW -- a bit too spartan -- and I'm not sure I like the green-illuminated buttons next to the orange display.

·
Premium Member
8,886 Posts
I can't believe it's uglier now. The back was bad before, now it's hideous.

And what's with the warted on entertainment system in the back? Why not integrate it into the headrests ala Buick? I mean, come on! Buick has them nicely integrated BMW for that price should have them nicely integrated. They're so bulky you'd think they were CRTs instead of LCDs.

It looks like a complete afterthought.

Can't find a picture of the Buick system that is dealer installable. It's in my brochure, but I can't find a picture on the net.

·
Registered
449 Posts
It is not to exciting; very generic. Love it or hate, the last 7 Series model stood out from other luxury cars, that it, before other car companies started copying its styling.

·
Premium Member
12,557 Posts
Very disappointing, the current one looks much better IMO. This is just bland now, never thought I'd say this about a 7 series...

These days everyone is copying BMW design, it would have been nice if BMW gave them something new to copy with this car.

·
Registered
245 Posts
It just seems like BMW's designs are getting worse and worse and worse. Its almost like they are doing a funny test to see how bad they can design their cars and rely on the BMW name and driving dynamics to sell cars.

Anyone who compares this to a Maserati Quattroporte, from a design perspective, will conclude that this is a SNORE. The only car that looks good in their line-up is the 3-Series sedan, other than that they are just boring. Not bad design or offensive, just boring, boring, boring.

It really is unfortunate.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts