GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the heater in my 2010 equinox wont blow at all ,the lights still come on but that's it, is it the blower motor or the resistor? thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
the heater in my 2010 equinox wont blow at all ,the lights still come on but that's it, is it the blower motor or the resistor? thanks in advance for any help
Do you have the manual or automatic HVAC system?

The HVAC blower motor is very easy to replace on the Equinox. Remove the glove box, then remove the motor from underneath. You may want to remove it and see if it is seized or doesn't turn freely. The blower cage is not serviced separately, but is sold attached (and balanced) to the motor. If you get one - get an AC Delco unit - don't buy a cheap, aftermarket unit.

How old is your passenger compartment air filter? With the glove box off - you should check it and change it if it is dirty. Instructions are contained in the vehicle owner's manual - but it is very easy to change the filter.

Good luck.

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
I have NOT worked on a Equinox heat but I know OTHER GM's have gone to computer controlled motors and do NOT use a resistor pack anymore
and if there IS a resistor you still would get HIGH speed operation as that bypasses the resistor

if it is computer controlled then usually you will have 4 or 5 wires into the motor 2 will be power and the others will be smaller gauge and be signal
the power is powered when ever the car is powered up

1 - 4 of 4 Posts