GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
The Toyota's and Lexus's with thier MASSIVE car length headlights are bad, but I think the Acura lights seem to be the ones that piss me off.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Personally I don't mind the HID's. True they are bright but they dont seem to bother me, regular halogen lights that are bright affect me more than any HID that I have encountered. Even though I wish that my vehical had them they seem to be an expensive feature especially when they need a repair. I'll just stick with my Silverstars.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
HID's + tall SUV's = blinded! while i know headlights are designed to shed light on the same space regardless of vehicle size / height, tall SUV's headlights are right in line with my poor eyeballs.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
I ordered my CTS with HID's, against the better judgement of my favorite Cadillac salesman. :rolleyes:

In practice, I don't think I get anything practical from having them, but they sure look cool. B)

I've had the car for about a year now, and no one seems to mind. Of course, I live in SoCal where just about everyone has them, so maybe I don't represent a good sample.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I know that they blind me when a driver is coming towards me...

You can't see anything...I know it's been so bad I've had to stop....

I think they should be illegal :angry:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Originally posted by coolcaddy@Feb 27 2004, 12:05 AM
In practice, I don't think I get anything practical from having them, but they sure look cool. B)
Ahem - you forgot the added speed advantage and a 65% less headlight fluid consumption. <_<

Bothersome. That's all i can say. Dim yellow lights on every other car. But then i have to squint as some acura with HID's rolls by. It seems like a pale blue - then as my retnas fry - they glow almost pure white - all while i'm trying to drive.

·
Registered
954 Posts
This is one reason I like the front end of the Canyon/Colorado. The headlights are just above the bumper with the signals on top of them, it makes it much nicer for the people in cars.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It's ok as long as the truck/suv behind you isn't aiming into your mirrors at eye level. I live on a hill so I do get blinded for a split second or two from oncoming cars on certain inclines, but it's usually not too bad.

The problem I have are with those blueish ones that contrast with everyone elses lights and especially ANY bright headlights with misaligned beams....

Import drivers are notorious for that last offense.

My 2 cents.

Laters,
Scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts