GM Inside News Forum banner

Bizarre And Unique 1976 Chevy Camaro ‘Europo Hurst’ By Frua

5K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  mahaliagil 
#1 ·
Bizarre And Unique 1976 Chevy Camaro ‘Europo Hurst’ By Frua Sells For Just $32k
Carscoops
By Dan Mihalascu
October 5, 2020

Pietro Frua was one of Italy’s prominent coachbuilders and car designers in the 1950s and 1960s, with his name linked to many beautiful creations from Maserati, AC, and Glas (the small German company BMW bought in 1966).

Frua also supervised the design of the iconic Volvo P1800 coupe when his company was a subsidiary of Carrozzeria Ghia, and during that phase of his career he designed the Renault Floride / Caravelle convertible.

As you can imagine, there are many more interesting cars linked to his name, but few are as intriguing as the 1976 Chevrolet Camaro ‘Europo Hurst’ by Frua. First unveiled at the Turin Auto Show in November 1976, this re-bodied second-generation Camaro represented Pietro Frua’s vision of a modern Italian redesign for the American pony car. Needless to say, it had almost nothing in common with the donor car’s styling.
*Full Article at Link

See less See more
#9 ·
As an owner of a ‘76 camaro in my younger years, that is a resounding no. That thing is hideous. That gen camaro is beautiful, comfortable and handled well for my wishes. It was perfect as is…I can almost feel the one inch drop the doors made when opening and the subsequent hard slam to close them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.