Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NSAP Investigates: Hummer
Grim Future…..Nope
By: NSAP
6/13/04
gminsidenews.com

In the last couple of weeks, there have been several reports and rumors that Hummer has green-lighted production for the H3T. So, I set out to confirm that, or at least get the status on the program. My findings were quite interesting…

As for the H3T, it has not yet been confirmed, but it is under consideration. We all know how GM has been getting the hint that if a concept gets positive feedback in the auto show circuit, then BRING IT TO PRODUCTION, with minimal changes. They proved that people like “Concept-to-production vehicles” with the SSR, Solstice, and H2. All in all, I look for the H3T to get the green light, based on what I have heard…

Another interesting note is Hummer’s product plans. Although I did not get any specifications on the future products, I did get the plans. Hummer has already mapped out the next three years! They are slated to introduce new models for the next three years, and if the H3T is green-lighted, then it will be one of those new models in that timeframe.

Also, H2 SUT production started this week!

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Take in mind that the H4 (small hummer) and HX(Wrangler Competitor) will be in those plans...

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
An Inline-5 turbo from GM could be used in a wide variety of applications other than H3, I agree they should make it:

Saab 9-7X
GMC Syclone Canyon
Trailblazer Xtreme Turbo

stuff like that.

Would be very sweet.

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
Originally posted by Dumb_Ass_2003@Jun 14 2004, 01:21 AM
Unfortunately it's completely diluting the brand image <_<
I agree, though it seems like one or two more vehicles added to the Hummer line seems acceptable. If GM can find the right balance between a complete line-up of fairly exclusive vehicles, the rewards would be several: significant brand equity (that can be licensed at hefty fees, for example); a large, steady profit-per-unit base; and solid share performance through good and bad times. That's why I find this notion of selling as many Hummers as possible a bit concerning, especially since Hummer sales have a neglible effect on GM's overall USA sales, let alone its larger global sales.

It would be nice to see GM take the approach of another American manufacturer that generally seems to have its act together in managing its product portfolio: Harley Davidson Industries (HDI). Production seems to consistently lag demand, and they just announced joint venture plans in China. Their more recent strategy has rewarded investors handsomely, as HDI stock is up over 16% since October 2003, and the stock seems to have avoided the 2001 stock cliff off which many companies fell.

Maybe GM will leverage the Hummer brand well?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Originally posted by nsap@Jun 8 2004, 06:27 PM
NSAP Investigates: Hummer
Grim Future…..Nope
By: NSAP
6/13/04
gminsidenews.com

Also, H2 SUT production started this week!
I can't say what was the exact date the H3 SUT production started, but a guy I know ordered his back in May, supposed to arrive to his dealer next week. Below is the copy of email he sent me, a note: he is buying the SUT with the "GM Supplier Discount", I am supprised that dealer already accepted the special discount on the SUT. email me for the dealer's name and location if any of you looking for a dealer who is willing to accept the "GM Supplier Discount" on the SUT.

I just found out that my truck is due in next Thursday (06/24) so I will need the discount information before then. I will be flying to the dealership the next day to pick it up and drive it home.

MSRP of: 59,570.

After discount: 54,760.

He told me its 4% over employee pricing.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I'd like to see a small Hummer to compete with the Wrangler. Could someone do a photoshop hummer/wrangler? It could be the H5 or something.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by silverado_13@Jun 19 2004, 09:13 AM
I'd like to see a small Hummer to compete with the Wrangler. Could someone do a photoshop hummer/wrangler? It could be the H5 or something.
A Wrangler competitor is coming... It is supposably going to be called HX.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Talking to some of my friends recently about Hummer they seem to think that new hummers will be too small and Hummer is supposed to be big SUV's. But I disagree. . I think that people only associate large tough SUV's with Hummer because that's all they've produced so far. My dad works at a CHevrolet Hummer dealer and brings them home occasionaly. . . and personally I can't wait until a smaller Hummer rolls up in the driveway. B)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts