GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5,633 Posts
I just don't get it. The big three are seeing a downward slide in sales, so what do they do? Increase base prices constantly, a monthly event these days, and then pour on these silly incentives that keep driving the price of used cars down in value! No i think the real culpret is the terrible economy we live in with gas through the roof at over $2.00 a gallon, a gallon of milk costs $3.00, property taxes are higher than ever and whatever you buy these days costs an arm and a leg. The average guy is getting afraid to spend outrageous sums for a new car or truck cause he doesn't know if he's gonna have a job tomarrow. The trend is save, save, save, cut, cut, cut. Heck Chevy is doing it with there cars by elimanating trunk locks, door locks and trim moldings, and so are lots of americans too. We live in inflation heaven so I don't see sales going through the roof anytime soon unless things change.

· Registered
5,633 Posts
Coulda fooled me, i'm paying more for everything and not getting enough raizes to keep up with the inflation. Gas is over double, groceries are on the rise, taxes are going up, health care is increasing, companies all over are laying off and slimming down, car prices are through the roof, (your average transaction is now $30k) according to Cars.com, tolls are higher, heck even a value meal at McDonalds has gone up. About the only thing that hasn't gotten higher is finance charges. I live in Upstate, NY and have lots of family, friends and relatives that are all feeling the pinch! No one I know is even thinking of buying a new car right now!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.