GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
6,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a Democrat, she's kinda cute...

HERSETH SANDLIN LEGISLATION INCREASES CONSUMER ACCESS TO E85 AND BIODIESEL AT THE PUMP

August 1, 2008, Washington, DC-Late yesterday, Rep. Herseth Sandlin (D-SD) and Rep. John Shimkus (R-IL) introduced bipartisan legislation that increases the availability of homegrown, renewable biofuels like E85 and biodiesel at gas stations across the country.

The E85 and Biodiesel Access Act would enhance the Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Credit. Currently, the Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property credit allows gas station owners to claim a 30 percent tax credit for the cost of installing clean-fuel vehicle refueling property up to a maximum of $30,000. Additionally, the IRS limits the credit to the amount a dual purpose fuel dispenser exceeds the cost of equivalent conventional refueling dispensers. This has not been sufficient to speed the broad deployment of biofuel dispensing infrastructure. The legislation raises the amount of the credit from 30 percent of the cost of qualifying property to 50 percent, up to a maximum of $100,000, and allows station owners to claim the value for the entire cost of dual purpose fuel dispensers.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Will a regular diesel engine run on Bio Diesel fuel or do you have to have a special engine to run on the fuel?

·
Banned
6,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will a regular diesel engine run on Bio Diesel fuel or do you have to have a special engine to run on the fuel?
A regular diesel engine will run on 100% biodiesel. But practically speaking, you never will find 100% biodiesel (it gels up in the winter). It typically is sold as 2% or 5%. Occasionally, you can find 20%.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I would love to see more E85 stations in SoCal. The closest one to me is about 100 miles away. You would think of all places, California would be gung-ho about E85, but I guess that makes far too much sense as an alternative fuel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts