GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
23,308 Posts
Originally posted by SUPERBADD75@Jun 21 2004, 03:36 PM
actually, it looks like an RX330, which the Kia is a copy of more or less.
oh, thanks for correcting me! i was worried my impression was wrong! :blink:

if the M-class hasn't been a threat yet, i don't know if this mild update will be. especially if they don't iron out the multitude of electrical gremlins we've come to expect from mercedes. the X5 and RX300 are more trouble than this M-class, in my opinion. though i think the FX45 is the sexiest shape out there.

but correct me if my opinion is wrong!

· Premium Member
23,308 Posts
Originally posted by T-Type@Jun 23 2004, 01:29 PM
Contrary to their stellar past performance, MB is currently grappling with multiple quality issues.  Any comparison of current product to the Koreans may not be too far off the mark...
except that the koreans have surged ahead. well no, just hyundai perhaps. but still, can you imagine having this discussion two decades ago? "motor trend, june 1984 edition: pony versus 190... korea invades germany!"

(oh, like how you used the word 'stellar'! hahaha! freudian slip?)

· Premium Member
23,308 Posts
Originally posted by Hudson@Jun 23 2004, 01:53 PM
DaimlerChrysler holds a small (about 10%) stake in Hyundai and about 1/3 of Mitsubishi.
i've read recently that DCX is dissolving its partnership (or whatever it's called) with hyundai. i think there was some concern that this would halt their global small-car plans (since mitsubishi won't likely be of any use to DCX in the near future). perhaps there'll still be some collaboration, but according to the article below, while there's no imminent sale lined up, DCX does want to sell it's stake in hyundai.

USAtoday article

good point with the comparison hudson... lets hope the cimarron isn't held up as what cadillac is capable of!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.