GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pardon my ignorance if I have posted a topic in the wrong area.

Be easy on me now.....I am a Ford man!

I wanted to take the time to acknowledge one awesome website filled with timely news, wonderful discussions, and design contests that offer a glimpse inside the minds of those who kneel before the blue square GM logo.

Years ago, I wouldn't have dreamed of praising anything remotely dealing with GM or its products, but that was before the invasion of the asians and japanese cookie cutter mongrils who make cars with no soul and offer blue hairs and the non-thinking with products which last a long time and do it with no pretense of ever being interesting products.

I've changed my viewpoint of GM products which once held them in contempt for dreadful products in the 1980's and early 1990's. I see hope, if not a realization of that hope, in products that are soon to occupy the highways of this country. I hope that as General Motors awakens from its decade plus moribund design and product era that this awakening elevates the entire domestic industry so that we can push back the well-made, dull tin cans from the orient.

While I'll never bleed GM blue or ever consider a bowtie for my driveway, I will always be a champion of all things domestic. I may be found on the roadside in a dead Ford, but I'll never be found dead (or alive) in a Toyota!

Best wishes to a fantastic website which has become one of my "must visits" on my web-surfing schedule.

Kudos to the staff and participants!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like a wide variety of thoughts. Conflict is understandable and sometimes entertaining. Again, this site is well presented and kudos to those who make it happen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,047 Posts
Originally posted by laserwizard@Feb 26 2004, 09:08 PM

I've changed my viewpoint of GM products which once held them in contempt for dreadful products in the 1980's and early 1990's.
80'S GM RWD ruled!!! agree with you about the 90's stuff.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
23,621 Posts
Originally posted by laserwizard@Feb 27 2004, 02:08 AM
Be easy on me now.....I am a Ford man!
must be on ford's 12-step program... gotta make friends with a GM guy! next step... rent a korean car!

this guy knows what's going on... this boards not supposed to be a whine-fest or forum for cranky, nasty people who love to argue. and it's not. there's good debate, a few laughs, and tons of valid, relevant, supported information.

great... i'm impressed with a ford guy! what next? i'll be modding an aspire and joining the "guess the next focus recall item" pool! ack!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Paul,

Actually, I am a car guy from day one (or was that job one?) and see far more merit to discussing true domestic products than those invented elsewhere. My blood is Ford blue but that does not stop me from admiring (while no one is looking) at some decent products from that two lettered company with a blue square.

I currently drive an 80's Lincoln Town Car which starts ever time I put the key in the ignition, which gets 20 miles to the gallon, and which looks like a brick with four wheels. As my body heads quickly through the forties, I appreciate the plush ride, the quiet, and the high sitting position of my aircraft carrier.

I must agree that GM had some decent rear wheel drive vehicles in the Monte Carlo, Grand Prix platform (a friend of mine has an SS Monte Carlo and always seems to be fixing something). The full-sized ones of the Caprice et al genre were okay as well. It does pain me to see so many of the 'clam shell' tailgate station wagons of the 1970's being sacrificed at demolition derbies after having an elderly friend of mine who had a 1976 Buick Estate (complete with 8-track and wood grained applique on the side). Actually quite a nice vehicle I must say.

Being a car nut (that excludes anything with a Toyo, Nis, Dat, Maz, Ho, Hy, Ki, Sub, Inf, Lex attached to the name), I appreciate 1950's and 1960's detroit iron of any make (even Chryslers and sometimes even an AMC or two). I definitely prefer rear wheel drive to tire scrubbing front drivers. Give me a rumble of a v-8 engine and I'm suddenly smiling.

I'll always own a Ford, but I'd accept a GM car if so given one. I cannot say that about foreign tin which I'd just assume get crushed into a one ton brick so that I can set a can of bud on it during the Super Bowl.

And I'd like to assure you, Paul, that I'm in no 12-step program as a recovering Ford guy. I don't need therapy to overcome being normal. My will does include instructions that if there is a choice between a hearse made by GM companies and a beat up ford pickup, throw me in the pickup and take me to my resting point. Otherwise, I'll walk like a zombie to the cemetary!

Can't we all just get along? Let's save brand bashing to the trash being served from the orient.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
23,621 Posts
Originally posted by laserwizard@Feb 27 2004, 06:33 PM
Paul,

Actually, I am a car guy from day one (or was that job one?) and see far more merit to discussing true domestic products than those invented elsewhere. My blood is Ford blue but that does not stop me from admiring (while no one is looking) at some decent products from that two lettered company with a blue square.

I currently drive an 80's Lincoln Town Car which starts ever time I put the key in the ignition, which gets 20 miles to the gallon, and which looks like a brick with four wheels. As my body heads quickly through the forties, I appreciate the plush ride, the quiet, and the high sitting position of my aircraft carrier.

I must agree that GM had some decent rear wheel drive vehicles in the Monte Carlo, Grand Prix platform (a friend of mine has an SS Monte Carlo and always seems to be fixing something). The full-sized ones of the Caprice et al genre were okay as well. It does pain me to see so many of the 'clam shell' tailgate station wagons of the 1970's being sacrificed at demolition derbies after having an elderly friend of mine who had a 1976 Buick Estate (complete with 8-track and wood grained applique on the side). Actually quite a nice vehicle I must say.

Being a car nut (that excludes anything with a Toyo, Nis, Dat, Maz, Ho, Hy, Ki, Sub, Inf, Lex attached to the name), I appreciate 1950's and 1960's detroit iron of any make (even Chryslers and sometimes even an AMC or two). I definitely prefer rear wheel drive to tire scrubbing front drivers. Give me a rumble of a v-8 engine and I'm suddenly smiling.

I'll always own a Ford, but I'd accept a GM car if so given one. I cannot say that about foreign tin which I'd just assume get crushed into a one ton brick so that I can set a can of bud on it during the Super Bowl.

And I'd like to assure you, Paul, that I'm in no 12-step program as a recovering Ford guy. I don't need therapy to overcome being normal. My will does include instructions that if there is a choice between a hearse made by GM companies and a beat up ford pickup, throw me in the pickup and take me to my resting point. Otherwise, I'll walk like a zombie to the cemetary!

Can't we all just get along? Let's save brand bashing to the trash being served from the orient.
a truce? i never got over my fathers attack on my first car... an '88 olds calais (little front-driver à la grand am)... when he was finishing of a paint touch up he glued a ford oval to the hood! he made me swear never to take it off (which i didn't)... but i always felt like i was driving around with my fly open or something!

yes, i suppose i can unite with a ford guy and save the bashing for the imports. i'll pick you up in my pontiac vibe for the next "detroit steel" rally ;)

(actually, i guess for a guy such as yourself my stats are 1-1-2... a win for the tempo, a loss for the vibe, and a tie for the calais and fiero :))
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
23,621 Posts
Originally posted by laserwizard@Feb 27 2004, 06:33 PM
My will does include instructions that if there is a choice between a hearse made by GM companies and a beat up ford pickup, throw me in the pickup and take me to my resting point. Otherwise, I'll walk like a zombie to the cemetary!
BTW, i don't think you have to worry about funeral instructions... a guy with your spirit and enthusiasm isn't going anywhere anytime soon! besides, you're needed here to temper the GM fanatics! :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Paul,

LOL...if anyone had tried to glue a bowtie on my car, I'd have been less understanding than I appear to let on here. On second thought, that is one way for Chevy to make a good car.....put a bowtie on a Ford!

....Just kidding.....

Been a Kia kind a day today.....everything that could go wrong has gone wrong.

Take care.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by laserwizard@Feb 27 2004, 02:08 AM
While I'll never bleed GM blue or ever consider a bowtie for my driveway,....
Sorry to hear that. Well, I guess we all cant be perfect...


welcome ford boy.
(blueoval) :plasma:

welcome indeed.... :mrt:
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top