GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CHEVROLET AVEO XTREME CONCEPT IS A HEAD-TURNER

The Aveo XTREME brings big attitude to a small car, with fun and practicality in an eye-catching, head-turning package. It is a tuner concept for the all-new 2004 Chevrolet Aveo, which itself brings style, roominess and a fun-to-drive quality to the entry-level segment. The Aveo XTREME, along with the other XTREME concepts, are showcases for Chevrolet to develop and evaluate a wide range of parts and body kits that allow customers to personalize and customize their vehicle to their individual lifestyles.

If Aveo XTREME customers are looking to be inconspicuous, then this is NOT the vehicle for them. The crisp, clean lines of the production model are accentuated by a custom ground effects package or body kit that adds new front fascia, wide rear fascia with integrated rear fender flares, new rocker panels and a roof-mounted rear wing. Other Aveo XTREME styling elements include clear-lens LED taillamps and a Sparco locking gas cap finished in brushed aluminum. All Aveo XTREME badging is finished in “Fritz-the-Katt Lime Green” exterior color. The result is a small car with a big attitude.

Inside, Aveo XTREME is a youth enthusiast’s dream, especially for those who like to entertain their friends. In-vehicle entertainment begins with a Pioneer AVHP 6500 AM/FM stereo that also includes CD, DVD and MP3 playback, along with XM Satellite Radio and a 7-inch touch screen. Still more entertainment is provided by the PlayStation 2 game system that is integrated into the center console. It features wireless headphones and can be enjoyed on the video screens mounted on the belt bar, allowing Aveo Tuner passengers to play PS 2 games or enjoy a movie, while the driver enjoys pleasurable driving.

But Aveo XTREME isn’t just fun and games; it has a serious side, as well, evidenced by the number of interior features that exude comfort and performance. The ultra suede Sparco EVO model competition front and rear seats feature a lime green “Aveo” script. The Aveo XTREME’s interior is accentuated by the Sparco Mugello steering wheel and cast-aluminum foot pedals.

Further accentuating the performance aspect of the Aveo XTREME Concept is a suspension that has been lowered 2 inches, 12-inch front and rear brakes with dual pistons up front and 18-inch wheels and tires.

Aveo XTREME’s interior is finished in optically enhanced Ebony paint.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
I like! I also agree that this should bear "Xtreme", not "SS". XTreme brings to mind show trucks, and you'll always see a few sport compacts at a truck show. :D

I know there will be a visceral negative reaction from long time Chevy fans to a car like this. But you can only ignore trends for so long, and I'm glad to see something as well done as this concept --- MUCH better than GM's previous attempts (Sunfire American Tuner comes to mind).

Remember this?

Daewoo and GTi aren't two words you'd usually see in the same sentence. However, that could well change if reaction to this design study at the Paris show proves favourable. With a little bit of help from independent stylists at Irmscher in Germany, Daewoo's most recently unveiled car, the Kalos, has been transformed into a hot hatch. Fitted with 17-inch, 10-spoke alloy wheels and finished in red paint, the firm's fastest-looking supermini ever certainly created a stir.

Adding to the drama were its sliding concertina roof and red leather interior, along with generous lashings of aluminum trim. A spokesman said: "We didn't want to have a car which was covered with spoilers and low side sills, as that isn't the image we're after - yet we still wanted it to appear sporty. It's got to look like a GTi, but not cost as much as your usual one."

Closer inspection sees that all the windows have matt black surrounds, while the front grille features a lattice pattern to distinguish it from the standard model. Should Daewoo want to press ahead with a sporty Kalos then a suitable powerplant is just around the corner. The car now has a 1.4-litre engine, but a twin camshaft version with improved performance will soon be launched. It's expected that a tuned edition of this unit would be the one chosen should the GTi see the light of day.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/ae_news_...ry.php?id=30512

·
Registered
571 Posts
doesn't look too bad, and it was a good idea for GM to use XTREME intead of SS. so whats done under the hood, or is it all show, no go?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ick, that car screams RICE IMHO. Something more subtle would've been more appropriate, perhaps in a different color it would look better. Also the Malibu also screams the same mantra. The Colorado Xtreme however doesnt' even hint at Xtreme to me, compared to my S-10 Xtreme, the 'rado x looks like the sport modle Colorado with just different grill inserts and a lower stance..

·
Registered
750 Posts
For real, since when did chevy go all sport compact. That think looks like crap, and he color reminds me of something I sneezed out the other day. Another all show no go wanna be sports car with every 17 year old on the planet dirving around like a jackass.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Wacky. I like it. Nothing dazzles the easily amused like bright colors and shiny things.

Ghrankenstein

·
Registered
790 Posts
:flush: im embarressed to say this but, i also like it. i dont think i would ever own one, but it makes the aveo(S?) look good!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
What about the marvelous power in it?? (sarcastic)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, My take on it is like this. I personnally hate the Green Color. I also am personally hate the looks and size of the car. With that said, I think GM is probably going to sell a boat load of these cars! I think GM has a chance to regain some market from Honda and Toyota on this one.

I am also glad they gave it the Extreme plate instead of the SS, Leave the SS for muscle cars and trucks!

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Its a sad sad sad day.... I am not a blue oval guy as of 10 mins ago. These cars have just put the last 12 guage slug into my GM soul... Ill be inline for a new 05 mustang.

·
Registered
7 Posts
:mf_boff: :mf_boff:
I like it and Chevy needs this to compete with the Hondas and Toyotas and I agree they will sell pending on price tag and please not that green it is a little funcky but those colors sell well I sell Chevys and where I am they would really go so please put in production and get them going don't sit on a good idea!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Originally posted by MarkSS@Oct 28 2003, 12:46 PM
Thank you GM, for calling this an Extreme and NOT an SS.
Ditto!

It is for some, but not for most :unsure:

But hey, it is best that GM be RELEVANT to the culture - if this is what is hot for the youth, give it to 'em in Chevy style!

Enuff with the constant GM bashing...they're trying new bold things... :plasma:

·
Registered
396 Posts
i'm rather upset at the lack of stickers. :angry: :D

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
it may not look fast but at least it looks moderately better than most rice-boy "tuner" rides out there. The colour makes it stand out...and...the whole point of the "sport" compact tuner segment is to draw attention to the crappiest car with the most money spent on it right? :p :D

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Originally posted by mackingu@Nov 18 2003, 12:54 AM
i'm rather upset at the lack of stickers. :angry: :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts