GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a little confused about this site, but I hope that people from GM visit here. I found the URL somewhere on the net. When I went to register, it said that my username was already chosen. Thinking that maybe it WAS me, I tried a password that I use sometimes and it worked. Guess I signed up once before.

Anyway, on May 22, 2004, after waiting 4 months, I took delivery of my silver AVEO LS SEDAN with ALL options except the engine block heater. I had read everything and anything that I could about the AVEO and found almost every article to be positive. Now that I have one, I know why. I think it's a great little car. It replaced a 1994 Toyota Corolla that sat outside 24/7 and never needed any major repair until just last summer when I had to put in a new starter and alternator within a few months of each other. The car was really in pristine condition. The only reason I sold it was because my GM credit card $$$$$ were disappearing every month because I had not used them in over 7 years towards any GM vehicle because I found nothing that excited me in the GM lineup.

In my reading, I read that if you ordered the aluminum wheels, you also got the mudguards and fog lights. However, that is NOT the case. Several GM sites, in the USA, do say this. i.e GMmedia online AND GMfleet. I did call people at those sites to inquire, but that was a lost cause. They had NO clue and just made up things like Chrysler "customer service" does! I see that mudguards are a GM accessory available from my dealer and that fog lights are standard on CANADIAN GM AVEOS only. SEVERAL weeks ago I did write to a lady at GM in charge of Chevy and have called her voicemail to try to get some answers, but so far nothing!

Can anyone here shed some light on this issue? There is NO dealer code for this "Appearance Package". One other question that I have. Besides looks, what are those little "fake" lights next to the headlights? I thought there were lights in there, but there's dummy plugs in the back when I looked in from under the hood. Do the Canadian AVEOS have lights in there? Can lights be put in there? I think that amber lights would look classy there.

Thanks for any help or insight you can provide.

fastdriver

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
as for wheels, or that package your looking for..if you go and find one on the dealers lot with the rims and mud guards, you can get the code off the sticker. but you'd be getter off with aftermarket wheels.

as for dummy light, it probably is something for canada, no big deal, put whatever you want in there. perhaps some strobes!! lol

-edit- here's what the canadian aveo mentions.. "daytime running lights with warning on system"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts