GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My family is considering purchsing a 2004 2wd 1500 Chevy Avalance. Does anyone know of any problems with this trucks. Any info would be great! :D

p.s any one want a 2001 2wd tahoe ls..67000km

thankz in advance

matt

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
There have been no major recalls for the Chevrolet Avalanche or Cadillac Escalade EXT. Additional improvements include added efficiencey, and adjustable pedals. Quite reliable if you ask me, and definitely one of the best purchases on the market today. If you are interested in selling you vehicle place an ad in the Cars/Parts for sale forum....Thanks and good luck!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankz TAHOE,

I knew their wern't any major recalls but i was wondering if anyone here had personal exp. They are quite the nice truck.. smooth riding and the midgate thing is kool.

thankz again

matt

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have a 2003 Avalanche with 15000 miles. It has had no problems of any sort. It has been a great truck, versitile, great ride, ok fuel economy (upper 15s all around mpg). The only complaint I have is that the view when backing up is obscured by the high tailgate. It is especially hard at night. I would definitely recommend the Avalanche.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thankz markss :rolleyes:

they seem to be a great truck....do you use your midgate system at all and how is the wind noise with it down?

matt

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have used it a few times and wind noise is not a problem. In the summer, I like to take out the back window and run without AC. It is way quieter than windows down and is fresh air. The one really big thing we wanted to haul (a queen size mattress) wouldn't fit because it was too wide.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:D Well my parents went ahead and ordered a new truck. A 22004 Avalanche @WD with the Z66 package and no plastic (the grey stuff round the bottom). It is sport red and has a tan interior. Bose stereo, bucket seats, power pedals, and a 6 disc changer

thankz for the input everyone

later

matt :bounce:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Originally posted by leafs_fan@Mar 25 2004, 03:39 PM
:D Well my parents went ahead and ordered a new truck. A 22004 Avalanche @WD with the Z66 package and no plastic (the grey stuff round the bottom). It is sport red and has a tan interior. Bose stereo, bucket seats, power pedals, and a 6 disc changer

thankz for the input everyone

later

matt :bounce:
dang a 22004..they sure got a jump on the new model..lol j/k :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts