GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
6,540 Posts
What has not been stated here but is likely to happen - Ford is likely to offer the F-100 with a 2.3 liter ecoboost from the Mustang; then the new diesel in the full-sized Transit is likely to come over.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Interesting excerpt:

"You’ll notice that I have yet to mention any fuel efficiency details, and that’s because Ford hasn’t completed official testing for any of its engine options. In real-world driving during the less than 200 kilometres I spent behind the wheel of both big and little EcoBoost engines, I found almost no difference in consumption between the two, an observation that the F‑150′s window sticker will no doubt contradict later this year."

Intriguing!

And...

"In all honesty, I didn’t notice a dramatic handling improvement with the revised truck, either on the autocross course that was set up for us to compare the F‑150 back-to-back against rival pickups, or when tooling around Texas. The 2015 F‑150 is well planted on the highway, and it was respectably smooth for its size when driven in a manner well outside what most owners will ever put it through, but it’s hard to mask the presence of a live rear axle sitting underneath an empty cargo bed. I personally find the Ram 1500′s coil-spring design preferable to Ford’s use of leaf springs out back, from both a comfort and handling perspective."

Ford could be characterized as a 'dead ender' in the stretch cab game the way Toyo, FCA and GM play it.

"For those of you hoping that Ford would walk away from the rear-hinged doors found on the current SuperCab model, I’m sorry to disappoint you. If you want an extended cab edition of the 2015 Ford F‑150, you’re still going to have to open one of the front doors first before accessing the rear quarters. With 170 degrees of swing at least it’s easier to load the kids into the back in a crowded parking lot, but compared to the standard front-hinged doors offered by extended cab competitors, the suicide-style SuperCab is a disappointment."

·
Premium Member
11,339 Posts
"For those of you hoping that Ford would walk away from the rear-hinged doors found on the current SuperCab model, I’m sorry to disappoint you. If you want an extended cab edition of the 2015 Ford F‑150, you’re still going to have to open one of the front doors first before accessing the rear quarters.
Around 90% of F250s sold are either Supercab or Crewcab, that tells me people by the Supercab over the regular for the better utility but don't need full time rear passenger access. This is one area where Ford knows its customers needs well and delivers what they want.

On fuel economy, I bet Ford won't be releasing fuel economy figures before the EPA does and you can be those have already been submitted an under giong direct validation - Ford would be crazy not to let EPA fully check their figures to avoid any post release disquiet about perceived differences in achieved fuel economy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.