1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bloomberg.com
July 20, 2021

Automotive Word Of The Day: "Provenance"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On July 8, Gigi and Glenn Moss took delivery of their 40th anniversary present to each other: a complementary pair of Rolls-Royces.

The white Rolls-Royce Phantom Tempus and red Rolls-Royce Dawn Black Badge are the first cars that the Riverside, Calif., couple has ever owned from the storied brand. But they’re the first of many, apparently: Over lunch at the Orange County car dealership at which they received them, the couple was already playfully arguing about the proper color of the next Rolls-Royce they want: a Cullinan SUV.

They’ll have to settle for something not totally brand-new unless they’re prepared to wait; the Rolls-Royce order books are already full for the next six months.
https://www.bloomberg.com/pursuits?in_source=postr_index
More than ever, members of the Rolls-Royce elite are choosing to purchase vehicles from the company’s “Provenance”—or highly selective pre-owned—program. “It used to be that one out of three vehicles we sold were Provenance,” said Gerry Spahn, head of communications for Rolls-Royce North America, during a luncheon held for reporters in order to showcase the new cars. “Now, it’s closer to 75%.”

·
Premium Member
8,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
“Provenance”. A fancy word for a used car program.

I learn something every single day.

It's simply amazing the number of new RR vehicles on the streets here in NYC! The new convertibles are just beautiful. It's a shame they are apparently going out of production.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
“Provenance”. A fancy word for a used car program.

I learn something every single day.

It's simply amazing the number of new RR vehicles on the streets here in NYC! The new convertibles are just beautiful. It's a shame they are apparently going out of production.

It was only a matter of time, as "used cars", throught quality CPO programs have evolved and aren't really looked down upon the same way that used to be. Some of that is the better conditioning + service, some of that is the longevity of even luxury vehicles has increased. Maintenance is still a hard pill to swallow, but CPO programs take some of the bite out of that.

The RR lineup is pretty dang good, way better then they were when I was a kid.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
12,660 Posts
It was only a matter of time, as "used cars", throught quality CPO programs have evolved and aren't really looked down upon the same way that used to be. Some of that is the better conditioning + service, some of that is the longevity of even luxury vehicles has increased. Maintenance is still a hard pill to swallow, but CPO programs take some of the bite out of that.

The RR lineup is pretty dang good, way better then they were when I was a kid.
The CPO ones are the ones I'm usually drawn to when out cruising the lots on Sunday just to see how well/good they are, and mileage as well. A good share of the time they are "the deal" so to say on the lot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts