1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
7,355 Posts
Well, I think he doesn't have a clue about 4 cylinder engines and MPG. You get low power and high MPG-thats how it works numnuts!
Otherwise he gives the car faint praise where he can, which makes the review seem kind of lame.
However, GM really does need to get more techy gizmos in their cars, lots of people are expecting it. Bluetooth especially.

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I think he doesn't have a clue about 4 cylinder engines and MPG. You get low power and high MPG-thats how it works numnuts!
Otherwise he gives the car faint praise where he can, which makes the review seem kind of lame.
However, GM really does need to get more techy gizmos in their cars, lots of people are expecting it. Bluetooth especially.
Yeah, what about "watch me pump the throttle while on the freeway and nothing happens", Hmm, really dude? hold it for a bit and see what occurs?

As far as techy features , they need them yes. However I am liking the ad campaign lately about the standard for a year nav via onstar comparing to camry and accord. I wonder if that will work for them?

·
Super Moderator
20,962 Posts
A) Bluetooth is coming next year.
B) Either all this guy has driven are V8s, or he doesn't know what a 4-cylinder is supposed to be like.
C) It's not a freaking Cadillac.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Two problems with this review.

1. As others have said, I think he misses the point about the 2.4 I4. No more elaboration needed. (BTW-What is up with the nasal whine and the overly boisterous delivery. Methinks he likes the sound of his voice too much!!)

2. As for tech gadgets, I have an '08 CTS that does NOT have the Navi built in and I had an occasion to use the Turn-by-Turn this weekend. Cool feature! Others may not like it, but I simply pushed the OnStar button, the nice young lady took my request and in less than 30 seconds total I had my directions downloaded and the car was telling me where to go. (Insert punchline here.) No pushing buttons on my nav; just a straightforward phone call and I was on my way. IMO one does not need built in nav; OnStar does it for you!

So, contrary to what this CNET gent had to say, I still think the 'bu is THE car in the affordable midsize class.

My .02

·
Registered
907 Posts
That was really bad. Why do people get 4-Cylinders, to get better gas mileage! Wow what a concept. You chose to get lower power for better mileage. I guess he likes it overall but he needs to understand the purpose of the car.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I can't take this guy. Just another Deuschbag knowitall techiegeek blowhard.
He needs to go back to his cave and review an Iphone or something he actually KNOWS about.
Whattapuke!

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
I guess all the CamCordTimas have 300hp 4cyls.

Oh well...cant win them all. I guess this happens when GM finally makes an upper trim level with a 4cy, something the imports have been doing for a long while.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
I guess he's never driven a four cylinder car before. The whole point of a basic 4 cylinder car is to save on gas (it's common sense as well) and as a result your horsepower will be in the toilet but you will see an MPG increase. You want performance out of a 4 banger then get something like a cobalt SS turbo. I never trust CNET for car reviews because Brian cooley is honest sometimes but tends to favor cars with plenty of high tech gadgetry. Also he thinks he knows alot more about cars then he really does

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There's professionalism in automotive journalism, and then there's this.
I don't think it was 'unprofessional', infact, I enjoyed the style of review, he showed many views of the car, and he actually drove it. My feeling is simply he did not relay the facts, fact or fictional correctly. The MPG rating he spouted was incorrect, and his view of accelleration on the highway was unreasonable at most. But to ME, I enjoyed the presentation.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
I haven't driven one so I really can't call him an idiot, but that being said unless the 6 speed is just geared way too tall, he must not be used to 4 cyl mid-sized cars. I did drive a previous gen accord lx 4cyl auto and it wasn't bad. It wasn't a sports car but it wasn't a slug like he's saying the Malibu 4cyl is either.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
not a bad review. he hammered the 'scrawny' engine a little too much, - even though it's really big for a 2.4 4 cyl. typical american attitude...he doesn't believe in premium small cars. although european cars tend to be lighter for the same hp.

maybe when it's in manual mode, the shifts *should* be tightened up...a software fix.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts