GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Current ride: 2015 Sonic sedan 1.8L/5sp
2,360 Posts
I'll be curious to see the refreshed CT4/CT5. Only a year or so away, maybe enough time for the current madness to subside a bit!

Reactions: BlackGTP

·
Registered
18,913 Posts
Not much going on with GM in 2022.... What is the difference between reengineering vs. refresh? Most vehicles are either freshen or redesign and only a couple have reengineering - "Chevrolet Blazer Reengineering in 2023"

Is it just a more extensive refresh?

·
Registered
21,093 Posts
Not much going on with GM in 2022.... What is the difference between reengineering vs. refresh? Most vehicles are either freshen or redesign and only a couple have reengineering - "Chevrolet Blazer Reengineering in 2023"

Is it just a more extensive refresh?
Yes

Refresh = Refreshed
Redesign = Redesigned
Reengineering = Reengineered

·
Registered
21,093 Posts

·
Registered
18,913 Posts
Yes

Refresh = Refreshed
Redesign = Redesigned
Reengineering = Reengineered
I'm thinking I wasn't clear - why are there so few cars "reengineered" - and that is looking at all brands, not just GM. Are manufacturers not putting that much money into ICE vehicles as most are transitioning to BEV? Or simply semantics on what they consider reengineered vs. refreshed?

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
13,276 Posts
I'm thinking I wasn't clear - why are there so few cars "reengineered" - and that is looking at all brands, not just GM. Are manufacturers not putting that much money into ICE vehicles as most are transitioning to BEV? Or simply semantics on what they consider reengineered vs. refreshed?
I think it's because the money is going toward electrics and the ICE models will just get no more than they need to keep the things from getting too stale until the others take over... if they indeed do take over. ;)

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I wonder when this list was created? There are certainly some errors based on what we know - an example is the Jag XJ redesign for '22 was cancelled.

I'm sure in general it's more or less right on most things, though.

Another oddity was they listed a Navigator redesign for '23, and and Expedition one for '24 - I doubt they're splitting them......unless it's like the Edge/MKX was where Edge was a '15, but MKX arrived only a few months later but was a '16.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts