GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here PDL AE rant of the week www.autoextremist.com

GOODNESS VS. STUPIDITY: THE ONGOING BATTLE.
DateMonday, December 8, 2014 at 08:25AM

By Peter M. De Lorenzo

Detroit. After doing this column for almost sixteen years now, every once in a while I have to stop and take stock of what’s going on and remind myself that despite all of the rancor and hand-wringing that are part and parcel of the swirling maelstrom of chaos that too often defines this business, there are plenty of good things to talk about too.

In fact, I received a note from a reader in Berkley, California, last week saying that even acknowledging all of the ongoing difficulties he would still love to see a “laudatory article about everything that is going right in the auto industry.”

I’ve often written about the good things going on in this business but obviously the constant misdeeds and missteps that seem to dog this industry and its players at a relentless cadence take up most of my time. Whether these industry players want to admit it or not, the two-steps forward, three-back dance of ignominy provides the consistent thrum in this business, a sinister soundtrack of "dark noise" if you will that is always there, looming in the background.

That there are three dumb moves for every two smart ones in this business is a given and has been proven out over time. And to the industry honchos who are absolutely convinced that it won’t happen – or is not happening - under their watch I’ve got news: You can’t really control it, you can only hope to contain it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts