GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=57109
You can't be too grateful that US-based General Motors' Australian subsidiary, GM Holden, retains its own skilled and innovative design team to work on flagship local models such as the Commodore range.
That's an easy conclusion to draw after seeing a spy shot of the US-designed coupe version of the Cadillac CTS, the sedan variant of which arrives in Australia soon.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
This coming from the people that gave us the GTO?

I kid, I kid.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
The photo in the article really doesn't do the car justice at all.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Most of the guys have no clue about Australian cars .... they probably can't even find Australia on the map. :lmao:

Then again, I admit to being biased in that regards; I like Australian cars (see my avartar), and I like Australian beer (VB :dro:).

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well, the Pontiac G8 is definitely a good car. Maybe they are making some rooms for the Holden coupe Brother.

·
Super Moderator
18,180 Posts
Way to generalise mbukukanyau. :rolleyes:
One article making light of the design is hardly representative of the whole country...or even more than one Aussie for that matter.

As for updating your vehicles on a regular basis, wasn't the latest generation Impala released about the same time as the VE? Isn't it stretched over the same W body platform of the previous generation (2000-2005)?

Cobalt was released in 2004. The interior was released in 1986. HHR = 2005. What about the Aveo? 2003 I believe. Luckily, they all look markedly different and beautifully modern. :woot:

:p:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Am I missing something or was that article just one person's opinion? To then imply most Australians do not like the car is a bit of a stretch.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Am I missing something or was that article just one person's opinion? To then imply most Australians do not like the car is a bit of a stretch.
Exactly.... and it was a BS article .... Colquhoun must have needed to get his word quota for the month and pulled this from his freckle. He is comparing the CTS Coupe with a car (last Monaro) that had its design roots in the early to mid-90s. Must be easy to become a motoring journalist these days.

I also wonder about his spies.... it is a Cadillac, I would expect the 3.6L V6 will have DI in base form and be producing something like 225kW.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
wanted to ruffle some kiwi feathers down under,
Why would you want to ruffle New Zealand's feather, when the discussion is about Australian cars? Two different countries.

·
Super Moderator
18,180 Posts
Exactly.... and it was a BS article .... Colquhoun must have needed to get his word quota for the month and pulled this from his freckle. He is comparing the CTS Coupe with a car (last Monaro) that had its design roots in the early to mid-90s. Must be easy to become a motoring journalist these days.

I also wonder about his spies.... it is a Cadillac, I would expect the 3.6L V6 will have DI in base form and be producing something like 225kW.
I think he meant to say "our pies". :rolleyes: Does this guy write for broadsheets or something? I can't recall any drive articles by him (though his writing style is hardly worth recalling).

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Exactly roeague. Canadians have always been crap at geography.
I guess I do have one advantage .... I've been to your country several times (I go almost every year), and I've also been to New Zealand.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
To be honest, I never liked the design of the CTS Coupe (I'm Aussie).
Everthing from the non-existent b-pillar and to the rear ... I dont like.
It looks like a 2 door hatch.
It actually kind of looks like a Prius, with sharper angles .... (eep! puts on flame retardant suit!)

I saw it in the flesh 2 days ago, and my opinion was only strengthened :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts