GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The most recent issue of Motortrend (August 2004) features two brand new GM vechicles, the Equinox and the STS. Both vechicles have a lot of hype surronding them so I was anxious to see how the did.

The Equinox AWD LT was being pitted against the Ford Escape XLT Sport 4WD, Hyundai Santa FE 4WD GLS and the SAturn VUE AWD Redline. Much to my suprise the Equinox actually won! Mind you the Toyota Rav4 and the Honda CRV were both missing form this comparison. The ediotrs praised the 'Nox for it interior configuration, styling and brisk acceleration. They did not like the steering, lack of ground clearence and soft seats. All and all these guys liked the 'Nox and its good to see the General win in a import biased mag.

The Second Comparison saw the Caddilac STS (v-8 of course) vs. the BMW 545i. The editors did not choose a clear winner but they definalty liked the STS! They praised the styling and Northstar v-8 and that caddy FINNALY went back to rear wheel drive. They griped about the rear leg room, but in their chart they have the STS with 2 inches more rear leg room? "The STS isn't as edy as the German offerings, yet more engaring to drive than many of those from Japan".

WAY TO GO GM! :bounce: As I said before Motortrend seems to be import biased most of the time so it is good to see two GM vechicles fair so well!

Go and pick up the most recent issue to see the full comparo and see a Focus vs a Lamborghini! Not as crazy as you might think.

go leafs go
matt

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Originally posted by leafs_fan@Jul 1 2004, 03:35 PM
g.

The Second Comparison saw the Caddilac STS (v-8 of course) vs. the BMW 545i. The editors did not choose a clear winner but they definalty liked the STS!
They did the same to Caddy,when they compared XLR vs. SL and SC430

"we love the new XLR,we admit it's even better than the competition but SL stays in the the first place" <_<

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
I read the August issue and the STS article confirms their bias. If you read the article, they found the STS has a lot more going for it than the BMW. They just can't bring themselves to directly say it. They cop out by saying that they can't declare a winner because each car takes such a different approach to luxury/sports sedan formula. What BS! <_<

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.