GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Audi has shared its vision for a network of premium charging stations intended to improve EV infrastructure in residential areas.

This is kinda silly. I think I will keep my Dino burning Dino

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Wonder what the carbon footprint of building all these stations will be.

Money would be better spent teaching their Absolutely Useless Dopey Idiots that drive their cars some basic lessons in how to drive a car.

Audi drivers the worst most dangerous drivers on the roads, sad to say you can't the Audi car for that.

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
I guess they’re not expecting the battery charging technology to improve any time soon?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I'm not big into electric cars, but I kinda like this idea. It sounds like an airport lounge. I like the idea of not having to sit in your car at some random charging station for a long time and hoping you don't get robbed because you're pretty much a sitting duck and can't even quickly drive away, if needed, because you're tethered to a charger. Yeah, I think about that kind of stuff. That said, I'm sure they'd charge way more to access the lounge than I'd be willing to pay.

·
Premium Member
34,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not big into electric cars, but I kinda like this idea. It's sounds like an airport lounge. I like the idea of not having to sit in your car at some random charging station for a long time and hope you don't get robbed because you're pretty much a sitting duck and can't even quickly drive away, if needed, because you're tethered to a charger. Yeah, I think about that kind of stuff. That said, I'm sure they'd charge way more to access the lounge than I'd be willing to pay.
Airport lounges are overrated

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
Airport lounges are overrated
You obviously don’t travel much.

This is a great idea for the luxury brands to take care of their customers. All of the owners will appreciate it while everybody else makes jealous comments.

Reactions: mgescuro

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Wonder what the carbon footprint of building all these stations will be.

Money would be better spent teaching their Absolutely Useless Dopey Idiots that drive their cars some basic lessons in how to drive a car.

Audi drivers the worst most dangerous drivers on the roads, sad to say you can't the Audi car for that.
I have to disagree with Audi drivers being the worst. Honda CRV, Toyota RAV4 and Nissan drivers are some of the worst if not the worst drivers out there on the roads.

·
Premium Member
34,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You obviously don’t travel much.

This is a great idea for the luxury brands to take care of their customers. All of the owners will appreciate it while everybody else makes jealous comments.
hahahaha, you think I do not travel huh.. I used to, it got old my friend..

·
Registered
8,969 Posts
It’s a totally stupid idea since it’s centered around residential success. Most people willing to go electric will do so with the thought that they already have a place to charge at home. This is actually one of the benefits to electric cars.

If it was aimed at long stretches of heavily trafficked interstates it might make more sense. That way your brand buys you into a certain level of amenities at their charging facilities where you may be more willing/forced to spend time.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
12,660 Posts
It’s a totally stupid idea since it’s centered around residential success. Most people willing to go electric will do so with the thought that they already have a place to charge at home. This is actually one of the benefits to electric cars.

If it was aimed at long stretches of heavily trafficked interstates it might make more sense. That way your brand buys you into a certain level of amenities at their charging facilities where you may be more willing/forced to spend time.
That actually makes a bit of sense, but then what would we end up with? Every brand having their own little place for pit stops rather than today's situation of mega plaza refueling centers and truck stops. 🙄/:unsure:

·
Premium Member
34,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That actually makes a bit of sense, but then what would we end up with? Every brand having their own little place for pit stops rather than today's situation of mega plaza refueling centers and truck stops. 🙄/:unsure:
sounds to me like your local Cadillac dealership lounge.. errr, retailer lounge... only this time, they will sell you mocha lattes and pizza with mushrooms and kale... and if you are into tofu.. you may have some.. with smelly cheese...

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I can't even figure out what is going on here. You car is charged from old Li batteries so that they don't need high voltage lines and transformers. OK, fine. But what do they do when the charging batteries go dead, haul away the cube and replace it with another one? Sounds like a lot of energy wasted in transporting the cubes, if that is how it works, but once again, you can't tell.

·
Premium Member
34,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I can't even figure out what is going on here. You car is charged from old Li batteries so that they don't need high voltage lines and transformers. OK, fine. But what do they do when the charging batteries go dead, haul away the cube and replace it with another one? Sounds like a lot of energy wasted in transporting the cubes, if that is how it works, but once again, you can't tell.
Good old 'solar panels', and hopefully, wind energy.. because.. I guess, Germany...

1 - 20 of 106 Posts