GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There's the RS4 and the RS6, but where's the RS8 to go up against the S65 AMG?

Audi is not happy watching how Mercedes Benz's S65 takes all the cake.

He brings his RS8 to the party.

6.0L TT W12, tweaked to an impressive 662 bhp and 745 ft.lbs. of torque.

Same DSG tranny used in the Bugatti Veyron, which without the governor takes this car to 220 mph.

Unlike the current RS4, the RS8 is more subtle in it's styling, and far more agressive in achieving excellent drivability; focused in breaking the powerful Audi curse.

Carbon Fiber hood, roof and boot lid.

Quattro system biased to the rear wheels, but torque is split between front and rear depending on the situation.

Here it is.

Edit:

Here's the rear view

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kheiron said:
NO BODY KIT!!! (Hey when do you guys think Cadillac will give us a ULS/ULSv?)

Is that a compliment or complain?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DuSpinnst said:
There is ONLY one RS at a time, when the new RS4 came out they discountinued the RS6

But if Mercedes is "hand building" all those AMG engines, BMW has M3, M5, M Coupe and M Roadster; and Audi is making S4, RS4 and powerful diesels, why wouldn't they do the RS8?

Wasn't the last-gen RS4 built along with the RS6? As there were S4, S6 and S8 models. I believe they were killed because they were going to revamp each car. Now they are coming back.

·
Banned
17,572 Posts
Panama Gearhead said:
But if Mercedes is "hand building" all those AMG engines, BMW has M3, M5, M Coupe and M Roadster; and Audi is making S4, RS4 and powerful diesels, why wouldn't they do the RS8?

Wasn't the last-gen RS4 built along with the RS6? As there were S4, S6 and S8 models. I believe they were killed because they were going to revamp each car. Now they are coming back.
The S Cars are a Package on the normal cars. You go to the Audi site and add the S Package to the A4, A6, and A8. The RS6 displaced the last RS4, this RS4 displaces the old RS6. Or at least that's what I read in the review of the RS4 in one of my Car Mags.

Some AMG cars BTW are limited to being "built to order" and are capped at 50 cars per year.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I like how you do multiple veiws. Reminds me of... well, me. I like doing multiple veiws too, adds realism. I've only done it 3 or 4 times though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts