·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Top speed is above 185mph. 0-60 below 4 seconds. Also, watch the video.

·
Super Moderator
21,022 Posts
Driving the ATS-V.R Coupe is the all new GM LF4 3.6L V6 TT engine with a little more muscle. The racing version, named LF4.R, includes racing upgrades – like larger twin BorgWarner turbochargers, increased capacity intercoolers, competition engine management and direct side-exiting exhaust – that push the unrestricted horsepower rating up to 600. The lightweight production aluminum block and heads of the LF4.R, counterbalanced by a rear transaxle, give the ATS-V.R a weight distribution of 49% front to 51% rear.
So...new engine?

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Omg that video though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please watch the video. It has to be the first commercial!

That video got me like:
It has a slight dystopic feel to it. It is like this guy has been sentenced to Awesome Hell in which he must drive this car endlessly around a track and timing each lap only in grains of sand.

He's the one who creates the evil sounds to frighten people sentenced to regular hell.

Reactions: dslay04

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
So...new engine?
I posted some additional info from my Road & Track in another thread:
- Based on LF3 but w/ Pankl Racing Systems Titanium connecting rods
- Most likely will be called the LF4
- Ediff
- 2 water-to-air intercoolers (should fix the heat soak problem on the CTS VSport)
- Roll stiffness +50%
- Dedicated radiator for the EDiff & transmission, low and center in the front grill.
- Twin titanium turbine turbos
- Areo/track package will be available and adds side skirts, front splitter, and rear spoiler.
- No-lift shifting available on manual transmission
- 450hp & 445ft-lb of torque appears to only be the minimum power ratings and probably will go up. Same thing happened w/ the C7 Z06, we were told atleast 625/625 and we got 650/650.

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
It has a slight dystopic feel to it. It is like this guy has been sentenced to Awesome Hell in which he must drive this car endlessly around a track and timing each lap only in grains of sand.

He's the one who creates the evil sounds to frighten people sentenced to regular hell.
I laughed so hard.

wait, there's Awesome hell?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts