GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 327 Posts

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Pictures by Road & Track via Jalopnik

R&T's report about the ATS-V isn't online yet, but we sent an intrepid Jalopnik reporter all around Manhattan to find a copy of their Performance Car of the Year issue which is in print, wherein lies the secrets of the new ATS-V. Thanks to his legwork, we know the lowdown on Cadillac's new baby sport sedan and coupe.

The mag says the ATS-V has a 3.6-liter V6 packing 450 horsepower and 445 pound-feet of torque. The car weighs in at 3,600 pounds. Weight-wise, it's about on par with the M3, but it has a lot more power — compare that with the BMW's 425 horsepower and 406 pound-feet of torque. It's the same engine as the CTS Vsport, which is not slow at all, only with even more power.

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ATS-V Revealed

Holy ****

Jalopnik

These are the first official (and admittedly low-res at the moment) shots of Cadillac's BMW M3/M4 fighter straight from General Motors themselves. It looks pretty nasty. It's full of luxury amenities that say "I can run with the best of Europe" but with a big ol' hood that says "I'm from Detroit and I will fight you in a parking lot."

Once again, in case you missed it: 450 horsepower from a twin-turbo 3.6-liter V6, rear-wheel drive, six-speed manual or eight-speed paddle shift auto. Can't wait to see it in person at the LA Auto Show next week.
It looks so deliciously.............. EVIL

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Re: ATS-V confirmed to have 450HP

I think this confirms an LT4 ATS-V+. Cadillac will not be out powered by anyone.
They need it if the regular ATS-V only makes 450 HP.

The M3/M4 makes 424 HP and 426 TQ at the wheels. The ATS-V is going to get slaughtered if it only makes 450 HP and 445 TQ at the crank.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Re: ATS-V Revealed

A bit to in your face here comes the grille, a bit pointy and Lexus/Toyota like.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Re: ATS-V confirmed to have 450HP

It should have had more IMHO.
Its a tubro engine, so lets hope companies similar to APR that Tune VW car's can do the same with this engine, maybe D3 can provide some higher numbers once they get their hands on it. GM has already stated that this engine is capable of much more power. They can't max it out at the first go.

1 - 20 of 327 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.